Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This just goes to show how points and reffing can be controversial at times... which is why subs should be the only way to go!

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    The first sweep is worth 6 pts - 2 for the sweep, 4 for mount. Since the guy in the background says "6-2", and since Scott starts on his back, I assume the match started with Scott getting taken down for 2. Assuming 6-2, It should go like this: 3 pts for scott's pass, makes it 9-2. 4 pts for Vince's mount, makes it 9-6. Fight over. My guess is that Vince got 8 because the ref gave him sweep pts on the armbar. This is clearly wrong by both the written rules and by what it taught at referee seminars by the IBJJF. Scott was in a dominant position (side control in this case) and not in any guard. Therefore, it is a reversal. I forget if that is an advantage, but it is NOT 2 pts.

Even if it were 2 pts, it should have been 9-8 Scott. He got screwed - sorry buddy. I guess this makes Scott an official 10th Planet fighter (now that IBJJF has screwed him out of a win).

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Thanks guys. I had the fight reviewed by an official IBJJF ref and he scored the match for Scott. Sorry Vince.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12