Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North

Cesar's Diaz vs Estima statement

http://graciefighter.com/2012/05/wor...diaz/#more-690

Good enough explanation for me, but it would have been nice to hear it sooner.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Def sheds some light on the situation..
    "It should be noted that Nick paid to St Jude’s Children’s Hospitable the sum of what would have been his entire purse" That may have saved him in my eyes. Personally Im still not happy about it. I was really excited to see him return to BJJ. Just like I'd love to see Penn come back
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Sam Sales

Certainly explains a lot. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    The Diaz bros are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but I do think that they have and feel the honor and integrity from being a Martial Artist. Like I said this does NOT make them smart lol but I cant blame him for what he did. He had certain conditions and they flat out lied and pulled some shadyness. I would have like to see it but agree that estima would have tried to use this to boost interest in mma. I mean he challenged him to a mma fight so that alone looks like proof that this was the plan.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Makes sense.....the shit that goes on hey!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Nick is not without fault by any means. His lack of communication with his team and coach was inexcusable. This will be addressed privately.
    This makes me appreciate Cesar. Must be tough dealing with Nick. He's gotta be like a father to that guy. Ok, I respect Diaz for standing up for his convictions. But I don't respect how he handled it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    This makes me appreciate Cesar. Must be tough dealing with Nick. He's gotta be like a father to that guy. Ok, I respect Diaz for standing up for his convictions. But I don't respect how he handled it.
    Yup

Array

School
    Salem
    Dude, How can you say someone isn't smart if you haven't sat down and talked with em? I've never understand that. Diaz seems very smart. You have to be in mma. He figured his shit out very early on and has stuck with it. The food, the conditioning, the hours, and what have you. Of anyone in the business this is who these guys are. They grew up in a rough neighborhood and recieved their education through fighting. All in all, they are the sum of their parts.

I don't mean this as the same old social anxiety excuse but I had a friend who had OCD and I myself have Ashpergers. It was a constant battle for my friend not to lose it or to just simply let things slide. For me, personally it comes down to my interests and social skills. As you might be able to tell. I am very straight foward but I can also get lost in my head sometimes.When I was taking the same medication Nick likely takes I tended to talk the exact same way and still do! Its is a battle man. And right now all I think about, talk about, and relate things through is fighting. Jiu Jitsu, boxing, wrestling, whatever. I like to smoke weed just so I can slow my fucking brain down and be myself and be in the moment so as to not drive my family and friends crazy.

I know Nick might not seem like the best, smartest, or most humble dude at times but at times he can be. That is what counts and I think you respect that and realize that some people are just wired differently then you. They have their own battles and demons to face and your comment does nothing to belittle them, it only belittles you for not treading things with a little more understanding. Now if I've offended anyone with any of these comments it is only my opinion and I apologize. You guys are my sort of people and if you'd like to counter this privately with me then much kudos and respect to you. I won't mind.

Array

School
    Im not belittling them & I dont see how it belittles me. I am not talking about anything that has to do with fighting or how anyone grew up. Some people are just not smart, plain & simple. Im not smart by comparison to my son so he could say the same about me & it be true. Now you seem to be a deeper thinker than I am so thats prolly where we differ. Just fyi Im not offended in any way just explaining the reasoning behind my comment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North
    Without meeting him I wouldnt call him stupid. But he sure as hell acts stupid sometimes. He could be as big as a star as GSP and Im just talking about $$. Say what you want about the UFC but they are opening a lot of doors for fighters. There is potential for the millions of dollars that Nick complains he wants so bad.

I think 99% of the outrage on this is from his fans that like to see him fight so much. Condit is a bad ass and will be a big star, but no one wanted him to win that fight and no one gives a crap about Condit vs GSP. Everyone wanted to see GSP VS DIAZ. He is an awesome fighter when he tries hard and we love to watch him. When he failed his drug test he lets us down becuase we cant watch him fight for a long time. So we get this cool opportunity to watch him kind of go back to his roots and it gets pulled out from under us again! I actually didnt have a clue or care if he would win but I was excited to see him in a pure grappling match.

I 100% understand and agree that Braulio seemed to be using this opportunity to propel his MMA career. I cant claim forsight becuase I didnt post it earlier but when I watched his promo for the BJJ match, he brought up getting into MMA and that raised an eyebrow for me big time. I wish Diaz and his team would have raised these issues as they came to light. Who knows maybe they could have forced Braulio out of the match and got a replacement.

Last I think the best part of the statement and I wish it would have happened; Diaz orriginally wanted to enter the tournement! If he hadnt been pressured into doing the superfight this all could have been avoided.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast