Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan View Post
    If you have fear for your life, that usually justifies the use of deadly force.
    Depends on the state, some states you have the obligation to flee I'm not sure what FL state law is. I think this just goes to show you that you prolly shouldn't go around fighting people. Best thing to do is remove yourself from the situation. Also crazy people shouldn't have guns.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Depends on the state, some states you have the obligation to flee I'm not sure what FL state law is. I think this just goes to show you that you prolly shouldn't go around fighting people. Best thing to do is remove yourself from the situation. Also crazy people shouldn't have guns.
    In Florida you have the right to stand your ground. I'll agree the smart thing to do is remove yourself from the situation. But the bottom line is, when someone has you mounted, fleeing is no longer an option. Add to that fear for your life, as well as a gun, and then you have a very sad situation like we have here. End of story, race has no part of this.

In Florida you have the right to stand your ground. I'll agree the smart thing to do is remove yourself from the situation. But the bottom line is, when someone has you mounted, fleeing is no longer an option. Add to that fear for your life, as well as a gun, and then you have a very sad situation like we have here. End of story, race has no part of this.
    Yeah i agree i hate the racial BS that's flying around. I think they both were wrong.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Where did you get that information?

I'm not saying that either side is the "good guy" or the "bad guy". I will state with certainty that the media is using this case to stir up racial tensions across the globe.

On the flip side, the opposite types of of attacks are being blatantly ignored and quietly hushed under the rug.
    One guy came out and said what he witnessed. Mix that with the phone records and you can get an educated opinion on what happened.

So; Zimmerman is wanna be cop flunkie who couldn't cut the cheese so he becomes a self appointed neighborhood watchman. Makes a ton of nutso calls, mostly about "suspicious" black people. Zimmerman was following the kid because he racially profiled him. The kid started running. Running is not a crime. The fact that Zimmerman pursued him on foot indicates to me that it was the kid who was scared. I mean, he IS the one being followed right? And it also indicates that Zimmerman was the one causing the trouble. From there all I can do is speculate. But the proof is there that Zimmerman cause the issue.

The eye witness who saw the scuffle says that he saw Trayvon on top. Sure, if a guy pulled a gun on you and your instinct is to fight, you'd beat the shit out of a guy too.

Other info claims that Zimmerman was returning to his truck when Trayvon confronted him. Even if that's true, again, what caused the problem? Zimmerman.

I agree that the media is playing a dangerous game. They like to play with people's emotions to get ratings, even if it's detrimental to communities. If the media were responsible, they'd be trying to diffuse the situation with facts, not playing into the racial tension. The way they're handling it is dispicable. And the fact that this is influencing racial violence infuriates me.

If you have fear for your life, that usually justifies the use of deadly force.
    Not if you instigate the altercation. The stand your ground rule doesn't allow baiting.

Zimmerman is wrong and whoever pulled strings for him played it smart by charging him with murder because murder won't stick. Manslaughter most likely would if the prosecution was able to convince the jury to think objectively. But of course Zimmerman's defense will play the hell out of the race card and the jury will sympathize because media has influenced people (of all racist) to either fear or hate young black men/kids.

And this is why there are a ton of Zimmerman sympathizers. Rather than thinking, damn, a kid died over some BS, they're thinking, "oh he was a hood rat! He must've done something! And I hope Zimmerman wins so that I know if I were in that situation I could walk too!!!"

Truth is, if you're a decent person, you'd never put yourself in Zimmerman's situation to begin with. This started with racial profiling, and ended in a death. Trayvon is no saint. But Zimmerman IS a bad person.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Yeah i agree i hate the racial BS that's flying around. I think they both were wrong.
    Cody, I agree with you 100%

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post

Not if you instigate the altercation. The stand your ground rule doesn't allow baiting.

Standing your ground and attacking someone is totally different. Had this kid "stood his ground" to your allegation of "baiting" things would have very likely ended differently.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    One guy came out and said what he witnessed. Mix that with the phone records and you can get an educated opinion on what happened.

So; Zimmerman is wanna be cop flunkie who couldn't cut the cheese so he becomes a self appointed neighborhood watchman. Makes a ton of nutso calls, mostly about "suspicious" black people. Zimmerman was following the kid because he racially profiled him. The kid started running. Running is not a crime. The fact that Zimmerman pursued him on foot indicates to me that it was the kid who was scared. I mean, he IS the one being followed right? And it also indicates that Zimmerman was the one causing the trouble. From there all I can do is speculate. But the proof is there that Zimmerman cause the issue.

The eye witness who saw the scuffle says that he saw Trayvon on top. Sure, if a guy pulled a gun on you and your instinct is to fight, you'd beat the shit out of a guy too.

Other info claims that Zimmerman was returning to his truck when Trayvon confronted him. Even if that's true, again, what caused the problem? Zimmerman.

I agree that the media is playing a dangerous game. They like to play with people's emotions to get ratings, even if it's detrimental to communities. If the media were responsible, they'd be trying to diffuse the situation with facts, not playing into the racial tension. The way they're handling it is dispicable. And the fact that this is influencing racial violence infuriates me.

Zimmerman is wrong and whoever pulled strings for him played it smart by charging him with murder because murder won't stick. Manslaughter most likely would if the prosecution was able to convince the jury to think objectively. But of course Zimmerman's defense will play the hell out of the race card and the jury will sympathize because media has influenced people (of all racist) to either fear or hate young black men/kids.

And this is why there are a ton of Zimmerman sympathizers. Rather than thinking, damn, a kid died over some BS, they're thinking, "oh he was a hood rat! He must've done something! And I hope Zimmerman wins so that I know if I were in that situation I could walk too!!!"

Truth is, if you're a decent person, you'd never put yourself in Zimmerman's situation to begin with. This started with racial profiling, and ended in a death. Trayvon is no saint. But Zimmerman IS a bad person.
    You are villifying Zimmerman blindly, without really knowing anything about the truth and dynamics of the situation, in the bolded black parts. You are falling sucker for the exact response that the media is pushing for.
    Your opinions on this situation are precisely what the social engineers desired to craft with this media campaign.

For all you know, Zimmerman caught this kid doing some bad shit, and as a neighborhood watchman, tried to contain him for the cops and that's why he started running. For all you know, Trayvon was the aggressor, and Zimmerman was defending his life.

On the flipside of that, for all we know, Zimmerman was an extreme racist, who decided to harrass and bullly Trayvon, and Trayvon wasn't going to take it, and went physical.

No one knows the truth, but I can assure you the last place I would ever expect to find it is from the New World Order hungry corporate owned media. Anyone who thinks they are going to find the truth there should spend some time researching who owns the media.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567