Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    What if next year the thing to do is cut your prick off, would you still think it's not stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan View Post
    What if next year the thing to do is cut your prick off, would you still think it's not stupid?
    doesn't seem anymore stupid than getting a tattoo or getting your ears pierced. Or say, getting circumcised. So people have been cutting parts of their dick off for thousands of years. In fact, it is "the thing to do" these days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Thats a good point!

The truth is we don't know the dude well enough to know how mentally stable he is and whether he has made this decision with sound mind.

We don't know if he is going to prison, or anything about him. Having a random 14 inch scar and tattoo'd eye balls might not seem like such a bad idea in a Polish jail!

There's even a good chance that he has sought to have this done for artistic merits, in the same way many of us have tattoos etc. I have fuck all knowledge of the hardcore polish rap scene but if he has a following there you could put it down to a career choice, if that's the case then I say fair play to him!

If he was actually as clinicially insane as you would need to be to cut your dick off then if that's the case then it's a shame he was allowed to go through with it, and didn't have better people closer to him to stop him. But I doubt it.

I tend to think, and this is complete conjecture, he's looked up to in the scene and he's done it to up the ante. Thats a big part of rap culture. In a country as poor as Poland they probably set their sights on different things than we might. The scene there probably resembles bike gang culture more closely than it resembles what we would consider hip hop. But why wouldn't they still be making music, with it's own merits within that culture?

Well either way I would be surprised if Polish rap stars rapped about spinners, put it that way.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    I can't believe they are smoking cigs around his open wounds.. Wait until it scabs and cracks when hes talking nasty

Array

School
    boot camp Jiu jitsu
    Come on really, bro.That's the stupidest thing have ever seen and I've seen allot of stupid stuff,but this takes the freakin cake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1543307.html
    old news already.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    This mans freedom of expression has been revoked..

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Lol

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Chances are, your parents already cut off part of yours.

I know that seems like an easy trivial jab, but that's how drastic social norms can skew our own personal values. I have my own values of what is cool or not, and they tend to be based on my own arbitrary aesthetic values. I don't like Tekken, and making scars instead of earning them doesn't appeal to me. That being said, I'd rather have that scar on my face than a barbed wire tattoo on my arm. Well, not really but barbed wire tattoos are pretty far up there in terms of bad taste.

Sam Sales

I guess a lot of it depends on what one considers to be art. There are plenty of people out there that don't consider tattoos to be art. For me personally, the cons of that scar DEFINITELY outweigh the pro's. But as Chris pointed out, that may not be the case for this guy.

Also, for the record, when i said in an earlier post 'he is fucking crazy' i really didn't mean it in a literal sense, like questioning his sanity. I just meant, that was fucking nuts and the last thing i would ever do, and even if i liked the finished product, the procedure alone would be enough to put me off. It is brutal.
    Just in case anybody took it the wrong way there - which on forums/the internet they ALWAYS do. :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast