Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    Glad to hear it, Kurzy!
    Yeah you guys touched on a lot of stuff that I am working my way through right now. Originally when I started lifting weights it was strictly to supplement my strength for jitz. It has turning into a mix now, of strength traingin but I am also trying to sculpt. I don't want to call it "bodybuilding" because I am not trying to get massive size or anything, but I am trying to put some muscle on for sure. Lean muscle.

So I am eating like a horse, 5 or 6 meals a day, trying to provide building blocks for new muscle growth. But it was interesting hearing you guys talk about the phases you went through, leading you into the Warrior diet in the end, which is cool.

What I am doing for this time period is a high protien paleo based intake that is broken into multiple meals and I am hammering weights almost daily. I never thought I would enjoy lifting, but it ends up that I do. A lot. I don't compete with anyone but myself, and try to lift during quiet times, but I am really enjoying it. I'm fortunate that I have a Gym at work and I have a desk job so I can spend my lunch hour in there instead of eating bagels with cream cheese, etc.

Anyways keep it up.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Yeah, I've always enjoyed lifting. It's always surprised me that so many dudes hate it so passionately. hahahaha

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Whiskey and Chokes Podcast #12: Wild Boars

We drink coffee and The Macallan 12 and talk about: toiling in Jah's cold stone creamery, whiskey stones, Adam Sachnoff's private lessons, Mongolian/Kazakh Eagle Hunters, Fondue and manliness, injuries in grappling, spring girls as albino pilot whales, SuperMoto Bikes, why we don't live with our ladies, grappling referee danger, why grappling is the greatest confidence builder ever, the eternal question all men pose to themselves, why Hemingway would love grappling, why some men remain insecure their whole life, killing boars in pits with bowie knives, Gracies fighting burglars, drinking holidays, how much we love our listeners, Itunes byte range request requirements, Grappling for $40/month at SLGC, MANCAMP 2014, and Karl Malone hunting elk.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Whiskey and Chokes #13: SECOND CHANCES

We drink The Macallan 12 again and talk about drunken bees, competing, Utah Grappling Games, Kobe human, whiskey blending, tournament matches against teammates, trying to compete even when you are not in perfect shape, the War of Art, killing game with arrows, and Southern Utah.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Here's a new one:

Whiskey and Chokes Podcast #14: The Tiger Balm Lounge

In this installment we discuss Pat killing an elk with an arrow, competing in Grapplers Quest this summer, ADCC 2013, Eddie vs. Royler, the SLGC One Year Anniversary Party, grappling's evolving relationship to actual combat, rank testing, and so much more.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    allright.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Whiskey and Chokes Podcast 21: CU@ Gracie Nationals 2014

We talk about getting ready for Gracie Nationals 2014 and drink some Glenlivet.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Whiskey and Chokes Podcast #22: Tye Watkins

We drink a couple sixers and are joined by SLGC Member Tye W. and discuss how he got into grappling, dating Turkish women, competing at Gracie Nationals, grappling vs. rock climbing, competing in grappling, Vladimir Putin, how much dragon slinging is done by hairstylists, the Northwest Submission Challenge, lame leglock rules, and more.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    10/10 for creative podcast name.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Thanks, David!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast