Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning Curve

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Brian: you are part of our future plan... Realistically, it would be almost impossible to go there every week. With my 1 yr old son and also trying to take my business to the next level, my time commitment to travel for Cora is not all great. But once a month is very doable. Thank you so much for always keeping us in mind.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    You'll see a new darce setup and new japneck tie set up and as a whitebelt you see them as two moves but when you get to a higher belt level you'll see the d'arce setup and already know that only 2 setps are different and youll figure out the jap neck tie setup without needing to see it. As you go to a higher level you'll realize that you can use that set up for any choke and because you already know how to finish the different chokes 3 new steps will give you 6 new finishes.

Thats how I view it your base knowledge increases and it will shine into all aspects of your game that it can be related to

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Wow. Free private lesson from one of the best rubber guard practitioners out there. You gotta make that short drive to get that priceless information Bruce. Brian could be the perfect instructor for Cora. He's always dealing with bigger stronger opponents, he specializes in RG and has a very technically developed, well rounded game and similar body type as her (sorry Barncat). You really should make a call and take him up on the offer.

Array

School
    Miami WMB(Alliance Miami)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Craig: we are the only one in HOUSTON that plays with the rubber guard and the system. So privates...this is our privates.. We are a ronin, and thus has no one in our area. We just try to do what we can for the amount of info that we have. Usually this is how I train Cora, there are basically 4 areas that we touched on everyday. Passing, top game, bottom game, and defense/escapes. I would pick a couple of techniques each day and we would drill on those. I find that this way, she become a more rounded fighter. ON top of this we do warm up drills that works her basic fundamentals. Once we finish drilling the techniques, I would start to combine it all together in a situational drill. For example: she would be caught in side control, thus she has to jailbreak the side control to the lockdown, to butterflies, to fullguard, to rubber guard to muddy waters. Just something along that line. Just making it fun by connecting techniques on top of techniques so she can understand the transition. So far its been working.
    That's awesome. I have seen her videos and she reminds me of little will from Pitt. Looks like she has a huge library of tech!
    looks like its all clean as well! From experience drilling and drilling has made leaps in my game. I went from a crappy white belt to a good blue belt in 6 months once I started drilling regularly. I hope to see more and more videos on the forums of Cora killing it in competition. One thing that will also help is finding a home gym 10pjj or not. Regular training partners can really help especially with giving feed back.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I am using the Feynman Method to help me with refining individual techniques. I think it is helping me remember and polish the small details.

Array

School
    Craig: she does have a home gym, Team Tooke MMA. In fact her coach Andrew Craig is fighting Chris Leban this sat. We drill a lot of 10thplanet tech at home. Also all of her competition vids are on our youtube channel @ MPREAP.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Driving down to Brian's would be very smart. Brian has a genius rubber guard and he's willing to give Cora free privates?? Wow! I would take advantage of that Bruce :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Yes we will definitely take him up on that. I will get with him, maybe this coming Fri or the next as Cora has another tournament coming up on the 13th. I've seen plenty of Brian's video to know that he is a true rubber guard player..

Array

School
    Moonhead 10th Planet Bergen
    Cool to hear that Cora hit the Frodoplata, would be cool to see on video! Give her my best wishes, shes awesome! Best regards Frode

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Frode Nilsen View Post
    Cool to hear that Cora hit the Frodoplata, would be cool to see on video! Give her my best wishes, shes awesome! Best regards Frode
    She hits it many times during an open mat type of event with kids from various gyms around Houston, but not a tournament. I unfortunately wasn't recording at that moment. But she was so excited every time she hits it on different kids. And these boys are not white belt, they are orange belt like her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12