Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Like Woolsey said it, it took me several attempts to find the right Chiro as well.
    Ditto for me also, I'm on my third one in 3 years and this one is amazing compared to the others I have had. He uses no gagets, just a table and his hands and gets a black belt level adjustment almost everytime no matter how bad things are. My last one struggled to get any adjustment when my muscles were an inflammed knotted mess.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I've never had luck with Chiro, it actually seemed to make my episodes of sciatica more frequent. I have 2 lumbar herniated discs, and 2 cervical herniated discs, and corrective exercise, elastic traction, Stim, and soft tissue work have worked wonders, but I know it is only a matter of time before stenosis gets to the point that surgery is the only option.

Monday my wife just went to my chiropractor for her first time ever. He did x-rays, ultra sound therapy, and four different neck adjustments. Apparently she suffered neck trauma from a car wreck 10 years ago. Based on the x-ray below, the red line is where here neck is suppose to be. She slept last night better than she has in about a year. He has her going a few times in a week for a couple weeks and strongly suggested getting a neck pump for her to use at home. For the x-ray, therapy and adjustment was around $250. Just an adjustment is $35 each time (these are non-insurance costs). image.jpg

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    So everybody here uses chiro? I have been in the past, and it helped some with a different injury. I hear everything from they are quacks to they are miracle workers. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Please share your chiro experiences, good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    In my case the Chiropractor made my problem much worse. It was a major setback. I will not take another chance with a chiro again at least for this injury.

I truly believe you need to get a MRI first before anything. Especially when your experiencing numbness, and tingling.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    I had a neck injury earlier this year and never got it looked at. I took a guys full weight on my the back of my neck, don't ask me how it just happened some how.Now every time that I take a shot or my if my head jerks back fast or sharp I get a surge that goes through my left arm like an electric shock followed by burning sensation in my finger tips. It usually goes away after a few minutes and I can continue what I was doing. Anyways you guys think this is serious. I've gone to a chiropractic but he gave me some X rays and said it was fine but I still get that feeling every once in a while.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    One of my Students is a chiro and he is a boss. Dr Traps is the shit.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    One of my Students is a chiro and he is a boss. Dr Traps is the shit.
    Docccccc Trapppppssss!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I imagine a guy in a lab coat with humongous trapezius muscle.

What exercises/stretches do you guys do to strengthen your necks? Does everyone do Yes, No, I dont know's?

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    If i thought id would help id totally pray for you or sacrifice a black ram or something.
    Black ram, probably not so much. But a goat on the other hand......

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    im not wasting a perfectly fine, sexy goat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast