Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Sweetenlow coming in with some strong posts. I like it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin
    ha. thanks brent. i am very new to forums so I am trying to figure it out whats good

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Thats an interesting position though. I play something similiar from the DLR position. Kinda looks like Im playing a sloppy DLR because I dont put the DLR hook in. Im gonna have to try this from full guard
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin
    Brent, I'd be interested in seeing that. My DLR is nonexistent.

Since this book release, I have youtubed some of Melanson's practices that he (and sometimes Frank Trigg) is running at Extreme Couture and he definitely looks very knowledgeable with some interesting live drills. With that, Robert Drysdale stated that all the top Pro's in Vegas train with him for grappling - one of the reasons I am curious about the whole deal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Melanson's legit. He's got a black belt in judo (he's been in Karo Parysan's corner many times), extensive knowledge in catch, and a black belt in BJJ. I don't recall who awarded him his rank in BJJ, but Randy Couture hired him on as the head grappling coach at Extreme Couture, so it's safe to assume that he's credible. Forrest Griffin trains with both Melanson and Drysdale (I assume for a good reason, otherwise he'd just do all of his grappling at Drysdale's).

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I gotta see this guard in live action to really dissect it. It's hard to tell how legit it is. Who knows, it could be a great addition to the RG, but I can't really tell
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Sweetnlow, thanks for joining. I hope you stick around.

I wanna try k control out. I use the entry into the flower sweep as a guard style after watching video of vinny magalhaes. K control is basically that plus a little z guard/knee shield. I like it.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Eddie, I have never seen live footage either, but from experience i've had some success avoiding bombs inside the guard. If you go to 5:55 and watch for a bit in the video below, Melanson will demonstrate so his K-control stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlLGc8zTbc

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, particularly how you bring the opponent back into the RG. That's where I have been experimenting the most.

Array

School
    blank
    the omoplata is there all day especially if you're good at working for other attacks as a distraction.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast