Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Anything we can ad to the rubber guard system I'm 100% down for. Is there any rolling footage with Williams guard? I would love to see it against at least purples and browns, thank you
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Anything we can ad to the rubber guard system I'm 100% down for. Is there any rolling footage with Williams guard? I would love to see it against at least purples and browns, thank you
    Damn its Eddie Bravo! i have a bunch of links of it in competition and mma fights on a word file in the depths of my hard drive! ill dig it up soon, then post it up. im literally just about to go to work.

My fundamental Jiu-Jitsu is still pretty terrible so purples and browns kick my ass, though i have stalemated a purple here! but i dont have any footage of myself sorry. l'll try contact some people behind the techniques and see if they would share some!

Have you seen radical mma's rat guard videos on youtube? the instructor always plugs 10th planet and that stuff would flow pretty nicely too, chris carioso used it into the ufc and chained it into a 100% sweep.

its cool to know someone like you has read something i wrote! thanks for making the position famous & exposing its flaws the article would be alot smaller if it werent for you!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gamble View Post
    Damn its Eddie Bravo! i have a bunch of links of it in competition and mma fights on a word file in the depths of my hard drive! ill dig it up soon, then post it up. im literally just about to go to work.

My fundamental Jiu-Jitsu is still pretty terrible so purples and browns kick my ass, though i have stalemated a purple here! but i dont have any footage of myself sorry. l'll try contact some people behind the techniques and see if they would share some!

Have you seen radical mma's rat guard videos on youtube? the instructor always plugs 10th planet and that stuff would flow pretty nicely too, chris carioso used it into the ufc and chained it into a 100% sweep.

its cool to know someone like you has read something i wrote! thanks for making the position famous & exposing its flaws the article would be alot smaller if it werent for you!

hey dude where abouts do you train in nz? im down in dunedin if you ever pass through. we could definitely share some techniques.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    This
    They get out with the quickness. Dean Lister has played it a few times but dont know of ANY finishes from it. They always get out

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i havnt played with it yet but what im thinking initally is, how well do you think it would work if used more like a prison guard/ crackhead control idea. use the free leg to close the guard, and (i ahvnt tried yet) but maybe that controls them enough for a omaplata entry etc.

my other thought is playing williams guard more like mixing half guard and a carni together. use your free leg in between theirs to block the pinwheel pass and go for shit there like a flying new york from half guard etc.

its just off the top of my head, ill go in tomorrow and work on it, if nothing else, ill improve my pinwheel pass. thanks for posting

chris miah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_eVfYeiKc

10 minutes in, blends it with some rubber guard. Pretty much the best promotion in Europe, used by a Braulio Estima black belt.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    thanks for the link chris!

Dean Lister used the Leg hook, with elbow strikes to finish sakara with a triangle at UFC 60 you can see him teaching the same technique in the gifs when the opponent grabs your leg. he also used it to hit an omoplata on Okami but it was escaped. dean also uses it often in comps.

you can see a similar technique here: http://www.purefight.org/video/19766...William-Spicer where instead it is finished with an armbar.

this is not a great angle or quality but it is choke described after the references http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSFMUq0qiS4

both Estima's use it often, notable examples are joao assis vs victor estima at adcc 2011, where victor uses it to get an omoplata which he sweeps with. Braulio uses it to lock an omoplata on James Brasco at adcc 2009, which james escapes.

this style of guard has also been used in competition by nino schembri, Guilherme Mendes, clark gracie, kyra gracie, rodger gracie and shawn williams. im sure there is more too!

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    hey dude where abouts do you train in nz? im down in dunedin if you ever pass through. we could definitely share some techniques.
    Dude! i live in Dunedin! i train at New Zealand Fight & Fitness on High Street, what about you? i'll pm you my cell number! definately keen for a technique swap! where abouts do you live suburb wise?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Very solid post

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Must check this out.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast