Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ

12 Competitions in 12 Months

Last year, I competed 16x (8 Gi, 8 Nogi)... Since I'm getting married this year and I don't have the bandwidth to do as many competitions, I decided to do 1 per month.... except for they are all going to be Nogi (I might possibly do a couple of ADDITIONAL tournaments in the GI, just to test my skills at the belt level ahead). I just wanted to make a post that would keep me held accountable.

For January, I had my first competition NOGI, which was a Superfight against a really tough Gracie Morumbi guy, it ended in a draw.

below are some pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1192036&type=1

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Do you do a lot of traveling or are there that many locally around LA? We couldn't come close to that in Phoenix without major travel.

Array

School
    Luckily in Socal there is ATLEAST 1 per month

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Rick, ur on fire, I would love to see you more consistently at HQ
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Rick, ur on fire, I would love to see you more consistently at HQ
    Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays... I'm back

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Good luck! I wish I had that many competitions in my area. I do as many as possible but that usually means I have nothing for three months then 3 in 4 weeks. I also do gi at every tournament because I see it as more matches!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    Good luck! I wish I had that many competitions in my area. I do as many as possible but that usually means I have nothing for three months then 3 in 4 weeks. I also do gi at every tournament because I see it as more matches!
    It's funny, when I lived in Idaho... there was 2 tournaments every year... and you would have to drive down to UTAH lol. I'm surprised that Chicago doesn't have more of a grappling community.

Also, the GI is awesome... it definitely gives you more mat time... I just want to devote more of my attention to Nogi/10th Planet.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    It's funny, when I lived in Idaho... there was 2 tournaments every year... and you would have to drive down to UTAH lol. I'm surprised that Chicago doesn't have more of a grappling community.

Also, the GI is awesome... it definitely gives you more mat time... I just want to devote more of my attention to Nogi/10th Planet.
    We usually have 3 NAGAs, 2 US Grappling and 3 IBJJF (2 no gi). Last year I tried competitions in both St Louis and Indianapolis but there were no women in my divisions so it is hard to justify traveling when I don't get good matches. I've found there are very few women in the advanced/expert divisions around here and that's where I am now considering I have won intermediates. I'll be in LA for the Dream tournament April 19 so I'm super excited to compete against new people in California!

People think its funny seeing a "10th Planet gi" around here. I may not be the best at it but I learn from those matches just as much as my no gi ones

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    We usually have 3 NAGAs, 2 US Grappling and 3 IBJJF (2 no gi). Last year I tried competitions in both St Louis and Indianapolis but there were no women in my divisions so it is hard to justify traveling when I don't get good matches. I've found there are very few women in the advanced/expert divisions around here and that's where I am now considering I have won intermediates. I'll be in LA for the Dream tournament April 19 so I'm super excited to compete against new people in California!

People think its funny seeing a "10th Planet gi" around here. I may not be the best at it but I learn from those matches just as much as my no gi ones
    There are definitely a lot more female grapplers in the Advanced/Expert Division out here So that will be awesome for you.

My Gi Instructor practically shuns me for training 10PJJ... So I have to walk a very fine line in those regards hahaha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I think I maxed at 7or8 a couple years ago...16 is crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast