Thread: Samurai help

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC

Samurai help

Hey guys, I've been trying to hit the Samurai in live rolls as much as I can, but I feel like I'm missing a detail.

I've been baiting quarter guard from mount and when they grab my foot I'm triangling my legs, adjusting my posture down lower on their body and going for the roll. I'm having trouble getting myself over to make the roll actually happen with anyone my own size or bigger.

I'd glady shoot a video of my fail if any higher ranked guys would be willing to look at it and pick it apart. If anyone has a good, detailed instructional calling out something I'm overlooking I'd love to see it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Is your opponent on their side enough or are they rolling to their back as you make the move? I try to really over exaggerate the dive out, with my arm fully extended, using as much momentum as possible from the swinging movement

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    I try to really over exaggerate the dive out, with my arm fully extended, using as much momentum as possible from the swinging movement
    Yeah, pretty much what he said. Try to commit to it 100%. Sometimes dudes are just to big though.. Try grabbing the feet and flinging them over as you roll.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    First off, I don't bait 1/4. People are to good from there. Ear'n armpit mount all day. But if they catch 1/4, I'll look set it up while threatening head and arm.

If your left knee is on the ground, Extend your left arm 180% to his far ankle. You replace his hip with yours more than rolling him over.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    First off, I don't bait 1/4. People are to good from there. Ear'n armpit mount all day. But if they catch 1/4, I'll look set it up while threatening head and arm.

If your left knee is on the ground, Extend your left arm 180% to his far ankle. You replace his hip with yours more than rolling him over.

Just a phase I'm in where I'm trying to create the window to rep that technique. I'll switch to your setup and see if it helps.

In your example, I'm having trouble picturing it. My left leg hooking theirs, right?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yup