Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Lower Back Issues

I've been having some really bad lower back pain for the passed two and a half weeks or so. When I first get to the gym and stretch out, I'm usually feeling ok. However, after the first hour or so, my back starts to get tight and it stays that way for the remainder of the night. I just switched jobs, so I don't have health insurance just yet and don't feel like spending a ton on the chiropractor. Any tips or recommendations to help get this shit taken care of?

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club

Cat pose and Cow pose.

Just warm it up and do it slow and steady between rounds. Trust me, I had serious lower back problems. I'm not the biggest yoga fan but my buddy is a yoga instructor and he recommended this. Let me know how it works for you.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Keep using the roller, keep up with the granbys. Tons of hamstring stretches. Time to start yoga I can give you a few options of locations. Also I have a chiro for you when your insurance kicks in.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Keep using the roller, keep up with the granbys. Tons of hamstring stretches. Time to start yoga I can give you a few options of locations. Also I have a chiro for you when your insurance kicks in.
    thanks, coach. honestly, i'm usually ok during jiu jitsu and even combat conditioning. sadly, i think it's muay thai that's messing up my back

Array

School
    Full Contact Performance
    Do you do a lot of running? In circles?

When I was in thailand I fucked my hip flexors from these 20-30min warmups just running in a tight circle - barefoot on concrete.

Getting a lacrosse ball and using it to smash out any sticky tissues in my joint really helps.

YouTube search 'Kelly Starrett --insert problem--" and he'll have something to say on pretty much everything. Guy is a wizard.

(Please don't actually search for 'insert problem' haha )

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Water. Water..Water...

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    My lower back had me out of the game for a couple of weeks recently myself. Within a couple of days of doing this one thing, my back started feeling way better.

1) Lower back pain (if we are talking muscular) usually is a symptom of other things. I would stretch my lower back like a madman and it still killed me.

2) Then I bought a Lacrosse ball and did this http://youtu.be/BYAzbdAErU4 and this http://youtu.be/uZ5g0RFv514

HOMIE, I feel a ton better. Give it a whirl. Hope it helps.

Array

School
    London
    Everyone who shared on this thread has a giant heart. Damn what an exceptional tribe. Proud to be 10P4L.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Be careful how you sleep. I found out my very healthy back was hurting from the terrible position I prefered to sleep in. Be sure you have a fairly hard bed... these super soft beds are comfortable at first, but never good in the long run for your spine.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    massage my friend 30 mins is enough.
    if your quads, hams or calfs are tight, stretch them properly. If you have a hyperlordosis than u should do exercises to correct it such as ab crunchs and hip (glute) extensions. take care of your back man, u dont want to go through the shit i had to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel D. View Post
    I've been having some really bad lower back pain for the passed two and a half weeks or so. When I first get to the gym and stretch out, I'm usually feeling ok. However, after the first hour or so, my back starts to get tight and it stays that way for the remainder of the night. I just switched jobs, so I don't have health insurance just yet and don't feel like spending a ton on the chiropractor. Any tips or recommendations to help get this shit taken care of?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast