Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    His gator roll is phenomenal he also locked it up on Jake Shields during their roll, the guard retention to arm drag sequence during that roll was so on point..

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Super scary how he controlled Sheilds. And that pop triangle he almost hit like 6 mins in was so quick. Rafa has a scary calmness to him, much like Marcelo, Kron, Keenan.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Couple of buddy's rolling in the gym and having some fun :-)
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Yeah the def where getting ready for something. he was not going for any sort of heel hook just twisting his foot for the hell of it. Just looked nasty lol
    idk what comp it was for because it wasnt posted by MGinaction but by a 3rd party. but if anyone is a subscriber to MGinAction you could prob. find out what comp they where getting ready for. I agree 100% Cobrinha gets overlooked sometimes, but make no mistake that man is a SAVAGE, just look at his FB account. also he handled Rader at Worlds as well.
    I'm on MGinaction and Estimainaction. It was definitely ADCC 2011. The only rolls with MG and Cobrinha on MGinaction are 2 nogi rolls (one posted here) and another one. Both were when Cobrinha visited to help Marcelo Garcia, Ryan Hall, Batista, and other Alliance competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    His gator roll is phenomenal he also locked it up on Jake Shields during their roll, the guard retention to arm drag sequence during that roll was so on point..
    Rafa has the best gator roll/anaconda choke in grappling sports, of all time. Not even close. It's still not really caught on on a mainstream level. The announcers thought his gators were darces at his first Abu Dhabi because no one had seen people slap them on so fast. The gator roll took a big backseat to the guillotine and darce in nogi but I think rafa kinda brought the gator/anaconda back.

Array

School
    blank
    in case anyone hasn't seen this.

this is essentially the full match. it started maybe a couple of seconds before and mendes pulled guard. he finishes the RNC very soon after.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Keenan vs. Rafa is pretty wild, i dont think i have ever seen Keenan get tapped before i saw that video.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Keenan vs. Rafa is pretty wild, i dont think i have ever seen Keenan get tapped before i saw that video.
    I'm trying to think if I have. I can't think of anything else other than this armbar and it almost looked like Keenan was playing a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post

this is essentially the full match. it started maybe a couple of seconds before and mendes pulled guard. he finishes the RNC very soon after.
    Yep. That's about it. Ref restarted em in the middle and Rafa got a deep RNC with the face down body triangle after about 15 seconds of hand fighting.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 09-08-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post

Here's their 2009 match. Just like the one you posted, the match started maybe a couple of seconds before the clip starts.

Last edited by Mike Nall; 09-08-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Array

School
    blank
    let's go all the way, shall we?

notice rader's intensity at 1:56 right after he escapes to his feet. i'm sure he's thinking "he threw everything at me and i'm STILL HERE."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast