The card is:

Renzo Gracie vs Kazushi Sakuraba

Rory MacDonald vs J.T. Torres

Yuri Simoes vs Rafael Lovato Jr

Vinny Magalhaes vs Kevin Casey

Garry Tonon vs Zak Maxwell

Secret Match

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Even though 10th planet is getting more respect these days, it's still pretty underground. Geo is destined to be a star, but the IBJJF wouldn't let him compete because he got ranked up too fast. But once he wins worlds, you'll see him getting invited to these things. Tonon made a name off Kron and went on an insane competition run. Metamoris cares about big names more than skill. So either win IBJJF worlds or be a UFC fighter.
    I wouldn't say Garry made his name off the Kron match, he was doing great in competition for a while. Just came from a smaller team and trains out of Jersey. People tend to sleep on east coast guys.

Other than that, excited to see JT, and I really look forward to Yuri/Lovato.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    How many people knew who Tonon was before the Kron match? Who has gotten on Metamoris without getting gold in the gi at IBJJF, competing in ADCC, or fighting for the UFC? It is what it is. If Tonon got smoked by Kron in ADCC, he'd get lost in the sauce like Jared Dopp. He'd be just another tough competitor like Justin Rader. But he wouldn't be a BJJ star the way he is now. Trust me, I'm not taking anything away from Gary, but if we're being honest about it, he made his name off Kron. Geo actually BEAT Glover, who's been to Metamoris twice, and isn't being invited. It's all about having star power in your name for Metamoris. Tonon wouldn't have star power if not for his ADCC match with Kron.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    Yeah i was really hoping to see Geo in this one. Always fun to watch tonon, even though i was really hoping boogey was gonna beat him at ebi. Gonna be a big year for renzo with this and his superfight with matt hughes at adcc

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    RMNU
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Little bummed to be honest. Renzo I think should win due to access to training partners. Garry Tonon, Chris Weidman, Frankie Edgar, GSP, Matt Serra, and tons of other badass dudes. Saku is kind of old and shot. Still excited about it.

Rory vs JT I think could maybe be a draw, but JT would be the favorite. JT certainly ain't getting tapped. JT is a nogi beast and just won no-gi worlds and bronze at ADCC. Rory is super strong and athletic and I think a lot bigger. But JT's technique is so crispy.

Yuri vs Lovato will probably be gi. I bet it'll be close but I have Lovato pulling it out.

Vinny should dust the mats with Kevin Casey.

if Tonon vs Maxwell is no-gi (it probably is) I think Tonon will dust Maxwell too. I really with Meta could have gotten Tonon his match with Kron Gracie or Bill Cooper.

Secret Match? Hall vs Glover? Keenan vs someone? Gui Mendes vs someone? Who knows?

Sort of a letdown card besides the main event IMO

Glad Meta is going strong tho

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    How many people knew who Tonon was before the Kron match? Who has gotten on Metamoris without getting gold in the gi at IBJJF, competing in ADCC, or fighting for the UFC? It is what it is. If Tonon got smoked by Kron in ADCC, he'd get lost in the sauce like Jared Dopp. He'd be just another tough competitor like Justin Rader. But he wouldn't be a BJJ star the way he is now. Trust me, I'm not taking anything away from Gary, but if we're being honest about it, he made his name off Kron. Geo actually BEAT Glover, who's been to Metamoris twice, and isn't being invited. It's all about having star power in your name for Metamoris. Tonon wouldn't have star power if not for his ADCC match with Kron.
    Tonon made his name among the hardcore fans on the BJJ Kumite where he got to Keenan Cornelius in the finals. For the casual BJJ fan 2 things put him on the map. His double OT match with Joao Miyao where he offered to pony up his own money afterwards to fight them both back to back, and then yeah without a doubt the Kron Gracie match really solidified his spot.

It's definitely about star power. They'll give some random guys a shot but if they don't produce, they ain't coming back. Rafa Mendes is so exciting, but had a strange and boring match at Meta and I don't expect him to be back anytime soon. Someone like Zak Maxwell comes in and puts on a hell of a show, gets a draw, and gets another invite.

I think meta is doing a decent job. I just really wanted to see the Ryan Hall Jeff Glover rematch

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Super excited !!

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    I'm hoping for Glover to be part of the secret match again. I wanna see that same exact "Oh me?" stand up he did from the commentary table but from the crowd or something, haha!

Excited to see a lot of these fights, I was a bit disappointed when I first read the email from Metamoris saying "Gracie vs. Sakuraba" thinking it was Royce, I got respect for what Royce did but I don't wanna see that dude anywhere near Metamoris after his antics for Metamoris 3.

Always good to see Vinny in action too! Excited for this!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast