Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Well I have say, last night we broke these entries down and man, I love em all!

The 1/4 Z clubbing sweep is a perfect transition as it is so unsuspecting to your opponent. He/she won't ever expect you to re apply those hooks from that angle when they are literally passed your guard. The Guard recovery aspect alone is money! Let alone getting such a powerful Marcelo style sweep! I love it. That clubbing sweep has been awesome for me since the inception of the F series (F4). Now I have a surprise entry into it.

That ankle lock leg drag is perfect for my game. Passing can be a nightmare but having excellent leg attacks always opens up the pass or at least creates the necessary anxiety required to weaken their mental/ physical defences. And, if you have an evil footlock, you can just take it all the way home to the finish or connect it to another path if it fails. It's a perfect transition. That leg drag creates three important options. Side control, the dope mount and the sweetest of all holes. The Honey Hole!

For the longest time, Eddie has been very vocal about the importance and significance of the deep hook entry series of the system. Once again, he didn't disappoint. That prison guard transition to the swim move has been a staple for ages. That transition off the inverted armlock is so slick, you're jacked either way. I love that about jiu jitsu!

That Prison guard pathway has morphed into an entire system in my opinion. So many options to study. I like to call it Jiu jitsu science and engineering. Just look at the value of having the feet in the hips. I remember a time where we used a body pyramid to set up The shuck! It's so powerful now. Eddie lays it all down here on MTS82 and has been of late as well. Please review other MTS episodes for more Prison Guard details so you'll understand my angle of enthusiasm.

A massive thank you goes out to Eddie for dropping so much knowledge for all the soldiers around the earth to take their game, and their students game, to the highest levels.

I truly believe the difference between what Eddie is doing, and what mainstream bjj is generally doing, is that Eddie has no problem developing his athletes to their full potential, even if it means encouraging them to push their talents and abilities further than his own. I love that about Eddie. Think about it. How the hell have all these moons survived and thrived with only 50% of the market share to draw from? It's because he has a vision for the future. He provides it for all of us. He considers the input from all of us without judgement or ego related distraction (bullshit). There's room for everyone, whether it be to teach the system, to go into the pro/competitive/MMA arena, to protect yourself, to participate in an interesting alternative to western exercise, and finally, to help make difficult life changes, or to awaken a new or reset or refresh those default settings of life, to use the system as a "way of life", to assist you in overcoming adversity.

Whatever your angle, 10th planet jiu jitsu has so much firepower on offer. So if you're thinking about getting a pro membership, or even if you want a taste of the system, then I hope you'll consider some of these factors for $5 fricken dollars because from where I'm looking, I almost feel uncomfortable about studying it so emphatically for such a small investment. It's like having 10PHQ in your own home.

A massive thank you to Rob Bradley for helping to takeover MTS to where it is today. I'd be lost without it.

A huge shout out to my brothers on the 10Wo for all the unconditional love and support, and to all my students for sharing a like minded vision. It's a beautiful thing for sure!

Frank
    Last edited by FRANK BARCA; 12-08-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Powerful testimony Frank.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I breezed through most of this but didn't watch it from start to finish, so I missed the Ankle Lock/Leg Drag. Looking forward to checking it out though. Amazing episode from waht I watched so far!
    Last edited by Kurzy; 12-09-2014 at 03:19 PM.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by denny prokopos View Post
    thank you grandmaster bravo
    thiss
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School