Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think youre thinking of Capoeira Cowboy and thats still not the saddle/honey hole. Much closer than the Russian Cowboy though

The best way to get anything from Zog is to have him out for a seminar. Just sayin...
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    why not?
    How many videos have you seen of Eddie teaching how to correctly defeat and pass rubber guard or the twister?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    Get in the position and work with what Zog has generously provided on the TWIR. It won't be long before you figure out where the weak links or transitional windows are that may be available.
    I just had my mind blown in training last night. A much higher level guy told me that he looks at every part of their body, every inch, every orifice, and looks to exploit any 'open-face' that comes up. This 'open face', as it were, could be any part of the body that is a pushing point for a joint or limb opening on the body. As an example, if you think about traditional spider guard in the gi, the crook of the arm is the point where you can make them become weak. The same could be said about the openings of the shoulders, the hips, the knees, the wrists, basically any joint that works on a hinge will have an open face. When you want to pin a guys shoulders to the mat, you pin the open face of his shoulder. When you want to attack his neck, you find the opening below the chin/jawline that can manipulate exposure to the neck. We brought up some of the lockdown half and quarter guard stuff and it all applies in a twisted fashion. In quarter guard or quarter clinch, you may often times post your outside hand on his trapped knee to push it in a more favorable direction. These are just examples. You are still attacking and locking up knees in a manner where you take away their power. It's tougher to explain than to show. In any case, he made a point that the gi could bend the rules in or against your favor with this principle. We briefly discussed defending leg locks and a lot of these same basic principles applied. Attack his leg at a point that it's weak and make your leg strong in the transition. I'd give a +1 to the reposted post just for the idea of getting into the position and working with it. But consider the exact hand and foot placement in the defense, perhaps a discovery can be made.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 04-13-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    I just had my mind blown in training last night. A much higher level guy told me that he looks at every part of their body, every inch, every orifice, and looks to exploit every 'open-face' that comes up...
    Not rolling with you. Or that dude.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Array

School
    LOL I unno why I wrote that, not what he said specifically but tried to make a point hahahahaha

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Russian Cowboy is not the honeyhole/saddle.
    I found out what the Russian Cowboy is last night. My now-informed amended opinion goes as follows: basically, unless the guy fucks up and you time the fuck up and escape, there is no escape. There is only survival in the deepest depths of the abyss.

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Im not understanding nothing at all. But I want to, so where do I start?

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by milojitsu View Post
    Im not understanding nothing at all. But I want to, so where do I start?
    I would suggest Zog's TWIR episode on Leg Lock Basics as a good place to start, there is a link to it in techniques guide. Then all the other leg lock stuff on the TWIR. I also like Igor Yakimov's Ultimate Leglocks and 100 Sambo Lessons, and Scott Sonnon Mastering Saddle.

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Igor is my Sambo Coach You can see alot of his game injected into mine. He's who I learned the Russian Cowboy from.

Eddie stated on EBR that Vlad Koulikov was my coach, which was incorrect. Vlad and I are old friends and training buddys. We would frequently get together along with our students to cross train and share techniques. Vlads a stud and is crazy knowledgeable, however just to set the record straight Igor Yakimov is my Sambo teacher.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 04-16-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast