Demian Maia wants spots on UFC in Rio

The year of 2010 ended with a good score for the Brazilian Demian Maia. The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt won three of his four fights and suffered only one loss, which happened on a title fight against the middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Demian still doesn’t have any bout scheduled and the only certain thing is that he’d really like to fight on UFC Rio, which happens on August 27th at HSBC Arena, in Rio de Janeiro.

“I’m waiting… I’d like to fight in Brazil in August, it’s what I want the most, but there’s nothing confirmed. My manager is talking to the guys there”, said Demian, excited with the possibility of fighting again in Brazil after over four years. “I can’t say much, I’ve fought MMA few times in Brazil and for me it’d be, like the Americans say, priceless”.

Read entire article: http://www.tatame.com/2011/01/15/Dem...-Rio-in-August

Array

School
    Destruction MMA
    i would really like to see Maia vs. Palhares. It would be just awesome if Rousimar wins his fight in march and would be able to fight Maia in August. i think a ground war between those dudes would be highly entertaining. I'd be pulling for Rousimar.