Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't fit in?

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    sure you'd like to fit in but realistically everyone is there for one thing. jiu jitsu. work hard to improve and slowly over time people will build respect for you. I'm a hippy lookin 21 year old that has made friends with cops, coast guard, doctors and everyone in between. You all have in common the fact that you love bjj, ultimately you fit in more than you realize.

Array

School
    bulletproof
    find a new gym partner , not worth your time if you feel held back . best thing bout mma you should feel free to learn , mess up , and create new things that work for you , not learn some standardized things that only work for some people.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorA View Post
    Any of the high rank 10thP guy going to be doing a seminar in the bay area ,CA any time soon that i would love to go and learn stuff from a human and not a book or video
    Dude.?.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorA View Post
    ya im planing on going as soon as i start making enough money to cover membership fees and commute cost but cant wait till then hahaa
    you can at least stop in for a free class to see how you like it before you commit to the commute, its an easy trip on bart, I'm east bay as well the commute is worth it.

Array

School
    Mac Self Defence
    hahaa dont worry brew ill be joining you guys hopefully soon

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    FYI my mom lives in San Jose so i'll be hitting up San Fran sometime this year. Look forward to learning a ton and rolling people who attack like me, makes for an interesting roll.

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    I'm thinking of joining an MMA gym near my work. The quality of grappling instruction there isn't as good as my current place,but I can stay at the Jiu Jitsu place (for technique) and also go to the MMA gym (for rolling and sparring). These are the ONLY two places in town. What do you guys think?

Array

School
    Five Stones Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    i started training @ a small school where the instructer wouldnt let us practice @ home! He said it was like training at another school!! i left and am happy that i did...
    its very important to find the right school/instructer....
    dude thats crazy if i was told that i would have said screw you... i learn so much stuff at home.... but i also went to a "MMA" gym like this, left a couple months later....

Array

School
    hard locks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    i started training @ a small school where the instructer wouldnt let us practice @ home! He said it was like training at another school!! i left and am happy that i did...
    its very important to find the right school/instructer....
    WTF? Your instructor sounds like a control freak

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Farnsler

dude thats crazy if i was told that i would have said screw you... i learn so much stuff at home.... but i also went to a "MMA" gym like this, left a couple months later....
    yeah....its good to drill what you learned in class in your spare time @ home. its NOT like training @ another gym!! lol!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast