Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet

Shitty Roll Today

Felt good, was excited to get some quality mat time, about a minute into my roll session, my body was just in a weird position, and felt a POP around my ribs.. It's not a bone or a rib, it's definitely the tissue in between.. Felt it immediately.. Tried to roll through winced in pain several times, couldn't even finish the class. Had to go to work afterwards.. Man .. So frustrating, I get so motivated for training and stupid shit has to happen!

Man this sucks!!

Sorry just wanted to vent )

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Hang in there brother!
    We just had a guy at our gym step back on the mats after rehabbing a knee or something and his first roll back he separated his shoulder. It instantly turned purple from his right pectoral muscle all the way down to his elbow almost. It suck bro but it's part of the game, try not to get discouraged. You'll be back in no time...I'm pullin for ya.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    i know how u feel...im training with a broken wrist..since im 13 and dont have much experience it gets frusterating sometimes

Yep, I've strained those intercostal (sp?) muscles before too. Makes everything you do hurt - especially laughing or coughing - not to mention jiu-jitsu.

All you can do is rest and get pain meds if you need it.
    It kept me off the mat for a month - and I should have stayed away longer but I'm stubborn like that.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    feel better man

i fractured my ribs and chest a couple times
    and it sucks

til than just watch videos!

Array

School
    Thanks Everyone!! I appreciate it~!

Array

School
    7 weeks out since I 1st posted about my rib / tissue injury. Took a while, I still can feel the injury only slightly when I push down on the spot, but all other movements with it are fine.
    It's pretty much been about 7weeks out and on my 1st day I took it slow, drilled, rolled and felt good. Looking to pick up over the next week, and try to get back where I was. The hardest thing I had to do .. was not train..! It's been tough!

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Salt Lake City
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce.Porcelli View Post
    7 weeks out since I 1st posted about my rib / tissue injury. Took a while, I still can feel the injury only slightly when I push down on the spot, but all other movements with it are fine.
    It's pretty much been about 7weeks out and on my 1st day I took it slow, drilled, rolled and felt good. Looking to pick up over the next week, and try to get back where I was. The hardest thing I had to do .. was not train..! It's been tough!
    Good to hear, bro. Take it easy...

Array

School
    Pure MMA + NextGen Liverpool
    Bruce, the same thing happened to me last Saturday. I was drilling at the start and my ribs started hurting. I thought that I might have cracked a rib or something, but I got it checked out and I'd injured my diaphragm. Every time I twist or shrimp my hips my side hurts.

It's not the end of the world, though. Half guard is painful to play, but almost everything else is tolerable. Good to hear you're better.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    5 Days into my MMA training, I heard and felt a pop in my ribs after my coach was doing the knee to chest vale tudo looking side mount. I couldn't even get out of bed without it hurting hard for 3 weeks. I'm better now 2 months later, but it's still lingering and I can feel the pain in the rib area when I get pressure on my chest or if I get thrown onto my back. I heard rib injuries take almost a year to heal, so the hardest thing for me is not to roll =(. But I figured out that I can train drills from the top positions which is something right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast