Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    grass feed animals.. thats true organic

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    Yeah Grass fed, with no hormones or anti biotics. Im down with that.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    So quick question would you eat meat if the animal was treated with care maybe even better the reason I ask is cause Ive heard about a restaurant on South Beach(SoBe) that serves Kobe beef which I didn't what Kobe was my friend told me that its one of the most expensive and amazing burgers you'll ever have he told me its expensive because apparently what they do to the cow is they get it really drunk and give it massages for weeks or something before its humanely killed(not positive about the humane part but its what Ive been told cause it keeps the meat soft if it was humane or something) so you pretty much pay for the 5 star treatment its getting before its on your plate .Also I believe its in japan they do this I could be remembering wrong but Im positive about the gettign it drunk and massages part I believe its around a $25-$30 a burger the size of a regular Big Mac which isnt much at all so Im asking would vegans not even eat Kobe beef or not eat meat at all period no matter how well treated the animals were before being made into food (cause I saw that video about why to be vegan and I thought you didnt have to eat meat but the video said that males eat 175% more meat than there supposed to but that means there must be an amount where it is safe to eat meat maybe even beneficial am I right or just speculation?)

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    I wouldnt eat Kobe Beef just cause of the price. Im not a nutritionist or a doctor, but I have read that no more than 5% of your diet should be meat. Humans have the ability to eat meat asa survival food. I dont think Kobe Beef is organic though.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Treatment of animals was only one of the reasons I stopped eating meat but not the main reason which was what they actually feed and inject the animals with. Even some so called Organic farms do this shit ( has been secretly videotaped) so I stopped altogether the eliminate the risk of eating this crap.

Regarding the Kobe beef I find the thought of getting an animal drunk quite sickening to be honest.

The reasons given for eating Beef is usually for it's Iron and Protein content. However you can get far higher amounts those things in other sources like Spirilina and Wheatgrass + many other other vitamins and minerals you don't get in meat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    quinoa and amaranth are grains high in protein and iron and b vitamins, very similar nutrient profile to steak.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jeffries View Post
    The USDA doesnt say that Organic food is HEALTHIER. If you do the math your self though, its common sense. Our bodies are not meant to digest the processed food like McDonalds and Taco Bell. It take millions of years to evolve, and as a species we havent been around for very long. Definatly not long enough to evolve our diet to eat shitty proccesed food and pesticides and herdicides that farmers spray on plants. That is the least of the arguements though. The Pesticides are turning the frog population into females, and a few independent studies have shown that they are doing the same thing to human populations in rural areas. To be Organic you cannot use anti biotics or rBGH on livestock. Scientists in Canada have proven many times that rBGH is a direct cause of cancer. Not only do you avoid all the harmful side effects of crappy foods, by eating organic you no longer promote the abuse of animals by industrial farms. Watch the video on the forums. Farm to Fridge. Think about it. If the USDA officially said "Organic food is healthier for you than proccessed food" that would imply that proccessed food is bad for you, (which I firmly believe it is) If the general public believedthat non organic food was bad for you then the major food companies like YUM would lose billions. As you know USDA is in the pockets of the major food companies, just like they are with Mansonto. Not to mention, Organic food is local, so you no longer promote importing apple juice from china. it doesnt make sense to export apples to china then import them back as apple juice. You waste sooo much oil/gas doing that. Im sure all of us know that gas is running out, so way waste it exporting apples when we can make the juice in the USA. (The apples are just a reference, but 90% of all apple juice in America is imported from China.) Food should not be an Industry.

Truth is Organic food is better for you, but not only better for you, its better for the environment and well being of humans as a race. We have to keep foods local and organic. Dont use Pesticides, herbicides, fuck giant monocultures that ruin the soil, dont Ingest High Fructose Corn Syrup, or rBGH. I have done alot of reasearch on this. I actually feel better physically and spiritually since I became vegan and eat organic foods.
    Let the Truth be spoken !

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jeffries View Post
    The USDA doesnt say that Organic food is HEALTHIER. If you do the math your self though, its common sense. Our bodies are not meant to digest the processed food like McDonalds and Taco Bell. It take millions of years to evolve, and as a species we havent been around for very long. Definatly not long enough to evolve our diet to eat shitty proccesed food and pesticides and herdicides that farmers spray on plants. That is the least of the arguements though. The Pesticides are turning the frog population into females, and a few independent studies have shown that they are doing the same thing to human populations in rural areas. To be Organic you cannot use anti biotics or rBGH on livestock. Scientists in Canada have proven many times that rBGH is a direct cause of cancer. Not only do you avoid all the harmful side effects of crappy foods, by eating organic you no longer promote the abuse of animals by industrial farms. Watch the video on the forums. Farm to Fridge. Think about it. If the USDA officially said "Organic food is healthier for you than proccessed food" that would imply that proccessed food is bad for you, (which I firmly believe it is) If the general public believedthat non organic food was bad for you then the major food companies like YUM would lose billions. As you know USDA is in the pockets of the major food companies, just like they are with Mansonto. Not to mention, Organic food is local, so you no longer promote importing apple juice from china. it doesnt make sense to export apples to china then import them back as apple juice. You waste sooo much oil/gas doing that. Im sure all of us know that gas is running out, so way waste it exporting apples when we can make the juice in the USA. (The apples are just a reference, but 90% of all apple juice in America is imported from China.) Food should not be an Industry.

Truth is Organic food is better for you, but not only better for you, its better for the environment and well being of humans as a race. We have to keep foods local and organic. Dont use Pesticides, herbicides, fuck giant monocultures that ruin the soil, dont Ingest High Fructose Corn Syrup, or rBGH. I have done alot of reasearch on this. I actually feel better physically and spiritually since I became vegan and eat organic foods.
    My grandfather ate whatever he wanted and lived for 97 years. Also he smoked a pack of ciggs everyday and drank whiskey. Can you explain that?

Watch this .

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    lol that video was too funny! Even though it was very misleading and seem to imply that they think anyone watching it is just some redneck hillbilly who can't use basic logic and reason by themselves.

A counter to some of the points made

1. GM seeds that have been altered so as to have pesticides already inbuilt is a relatively new thing so there is not too much data. However in a documentary called 'Vanishing of the Bees' it was shown that the dead bees contained these new pesticides in their bodies and that most of the Bee's that have died have been near farms using these new seeds with inbuilt pesticides. Bee's that lived away from these crops seemed to be thrieving.

2. Saying organic Seeds are basically weaker and produce less crops is also very misleading. It's the soil that is the problem not the organic seeds. The soil requires 52 minerals but your average farm soil only has 3 of these 52. Deficient soil leads to deficient plants which or course are more vulnerible to various diseases and fungus so of course there are more bugs on them. Pesticides focus on the symptoms not the actual problem. Strong healthy plants in nutrient rich soil have been shown to have much less bugs on them and the ones that do have birds which feed off them without damaging the plant itself.

3. Plenty of studies have shown Chlrorine to be harmfull to various organisms at certain levels.

4. People don't starve because we don't use pesticide! People starve because they have been betrayed by their Govts and Big business. Spending billions on Military weapons instead of food for the people. Or destroying the soil so things cannot grow there. Also there was a study back in 2006 I read (I'ii try and see if I can find it again) that showed the amount of food produced in the west and is wasted could potentially feed the millions who do not have enough food in thw world.

5. That so called effective chemical fertilizer has been shown to damage the already nutrient deficient soil.

6. They could have at least tried to make an effort to show that the couple was actually a real couple. Not paid actors used to protray organic people as retards.

7. LOL the Hudson institute!!! (They must think people really are that stupid) The same institute given VERY large donations by the Food companies who would stand to lose profit from people turning to Organic! Or course they are going to slag off Organic stuff. Asking them is like asking Royce Gracie's opinion on 10th Planet compared to his fathers GJJ. Your only going to get one response.

With regard your grandfather living such a long life of course there are no absolutes (depending on one's belief about death). There are always exceptions to the rule. However I would speculate since your Grandfathers diet in the early 20th century (free of the chemicals and pesticides in todays foods) could have given him an much healthier foundation on which to smoke and eat shit food later in his life. Of course this is just a theory on my part. It should be noted however that more people then not who live as your Grandfather did do not make it to 97.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast