Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    So, in your logic. If I can't shed weight to fight a smaller opp, than I am a pussy? LMMFAO! I will fight anyone at any weight, they don't have to bother with the Pussy ass weight cut or catch weight for that matter. That's the way warriors think period! As I stated, it's a wrestlers tradition, that wrestlers have now banned (because of safety issues concerning cutting weight). If it is not safe for the idiots that started the BS tradition, than it's def not safe for BJJ/MMA period, color all the colouring books or paint all the pretty pics you want, that doesn't change reality. Put in the work, put in the reps, do the best that you can do. Hell I'd fight Ubereem for fun Just keeping it real. Because everyone on here that knows me, knows this to be true. I love fighting, it is playtime for me. I long for it. Know that it is playtime, and not survival. But most of the time when it was survival as well Maybe I'm just sick like that! But please continue to try and convince us. You obviously walk your talk, so once again try to justify this approach. I just explained mine.
    you are making no sense. are you saying that the weight doesn't matter or are you saying your pussy if you cut and it does matter? Your walking both sides of the line.
    Is this a bravado thing for you or is it a health issue?
    First you say your pussy for cutting weight, than you say it doesn't matter the size of the person it's just fight. If it's just about the fight, which is how I look at it, than why worry about the person and their ability or willingness to cut weight. As long as they follow the rules it shouldn't matter.
    When I fight, I fight for myself and its about fighting the battles both before and during the actual competition. For example, the hard training, the weight management, the sparring, the long days of training, the gruelling multiple training days, etc etc etc.
    I agree that it shouldn't be about the weight cut, I even believe it shouldn't matter a whole lot about the other person at all. You follow rules and you win by using them. Whether thats your dominating elbows in ground in pound or your ability to cut weight and be the bigger person.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    and again, it has nothing to do with fighting smaller opponents, it has to do with following the rules and using them to your advantage. Its like saying I am going to grapple in a MMA match because I can win that way, I won't sign up for a boxing match that doesn't allow grappling. If you can't cut weight you should diet better or sign up for promotions that do same day weigh ins only.
    What fucking college football team plays high schools?
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    No I am saying a True Warrior/Champion doesn't think that way... They want to prove they're the best in the World at their weight! Not that they're the best when they are bigger than their opp...You see Fedor ever cut weight? Since you're training multiple times a day and puttin in your work. Document your max's on all of your circuit training, all of it, cardio, strength,endurance, sparring etc.. Make your weight cut. rehydrate for 24 hrs and record your max. Why would you ever want to fight with less than all you have? With all of your ability? The only answer is when your strategically approaching the fight world defeated... thinking your only advantage is against a smaller opp... I couldn't even consider or imagine wanting to fight someone smaller or even less skilled as myself. But that's me and everyone is not me, but they damn well better be like me if they want to be a Champion in this game.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    and again, it has nothing to do with fighting smaller opponents, it has to do with following the rules and using them to your advantage. Its like saying I am going to grapple in a MMA match because I can win that way, I won't sign up for a boxing match that doesn't allow grappling. If you can't cut weight you should diet better or sign up for promotions that do same day weigh ins only.
    What fucking college football team plays high schools?
    I never said once I couldn't cut... I just would never consider it. If you're cutting weight you're a washout of your weightclass, that's what all the fans see. That's what everyone that doesn't know the fight game like we do asks, "why is he fighting someone in a different weightclass?" "Why is one guy so much bigger? Is that even fair?" I hear it all the time! Why would I ever want the fans thinking that or saying that about me? The fans rooting for my opp cause I cut 35 lbs and am way bigger than he is... That just doesn't compute with me.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    well since nobody competes in open weight tournaments and its not the 90's where 280lb heavy weights aren't becoming the norm, it doesn't really translate. Bringing Fedor really doesn't work since everybody know that he should lose weight to be at his optimum athletic state. He has been slowly loosing that edge for some time now.
    Who said anything about fighting when your not 100%. Part of the game is cutting enough weight to still be at 100% the next day, otherwise it doesn't make sense to drop the weight.

So what champion do you know of doesn't cut weight? Can you name one?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    How's this "So and So Joe" the baddest 195lb 155lb World Champion ever!!!! LMFAO at trying to justify this approach to proving your the best at "fighting"

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    How's this "So and So Joe" the baddest 195lb 155lb World Champion ever!!!! LMFAO at trying to justify this approach to proving your the best at "fighting"
    Keep "laughing your fucking ass off", but they are the rules that are being followed by every major athlete in MMA and BJJ and so again I ask what champion do you know of doesn't cut weight? Can you name one?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    well since nobody competes in open weight tournaments and its not the 90's where 280lb heavy weights aren't becoming the norm, it doesn't really translate. Bringing Fedor really doesn't work since everybody know that he should lose weight to be at his optimum athletic state. He has been slowly loosing that edge for some time now.
    Who said anything about fighting when your not 100%. Part of the game is cutting enough weight to still be at 100% the next day, otherwise it doesn't make sense to drop the weight.

So what champion do you know of doesn't cut weight? Can you name one?
    No way you're 100% after any cut. Like I said post your results and be honest, if you do and you're right. I am man enough to admit I am wrong on that specific point. Even if you can pull off 100% that still doesn't change the issue. What is the point of weight classes if your not fighting at that weight? And like I said what are you proving, besides you're afraid to compete at your level.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Nick Diaz

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Jose Aldo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast