Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    http://www.mmaworld.org/showthread.php?t=12449
    in the interview Aldo states that he walks at 162 and before is at 158. thats a 13lb weight cut.
    And both Diaz brothers cut weight.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Nick walks at 176/178 I know that for fact! Aldo I was guessing on since I had met him and he looked light. I'd say cutting up to 10 isn't really cutting. What I protest to is cutting 20-45 lbs, that is insane. IMHO

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    If you know that for a fact, prove it, but even than it doesn't matter, he has fought or tried to fight any where from 160 to 170 pounds. He even stated that he would prefer to fight at 155 but doesn't get paid good enough for it.
    He is still cutting weight. Under your definition, that makes him a washout. come on dude, personally wanting to just fight is fine and cool, I get it. I have competed plenty of times at my natural weight and against much bigger people.

But don't make cutting weight out to being this crazy abnormal thing in our sport. It is what it is, and its in the rules thats all I am saying. Follow those rules or follow your own rules, its all good to me, but your rules don't make you a better person than me.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    If you know that for a fact, prove it, but even than it doesn't matter, he has fought or tried to fight any where from 160 to 170 pounds. He even stated that he would prefer to fight at 155 but doesn't get paid good enough for it.
    He is still cutting weight. Under your definition, that makes him a washout. come on dude, personally wanting to just fight is fine and cool, I get it. I have competed plenty of times at my natural weight and against much bigger people.

But don't make cutting weight out to being this crazy abnormal thing in our sport. It is what it is, and its in the rules thats all I am saying. Follow those rules or follow your own rules, its all good to me, but your rules don't make you a better person than me.
    The rules are changing my friend, Ohio has same day weigh-ins (wrestling state) They changed that rule after I addressed it publicly with Dana White. Dana said he would follow the rules if they changed it. They changed it and he hasn't been back since... That is all on public record. Dana said he didn't agree with it, but had to follow it... You never answered my question about BJJ/MMA being a safer environment than wrestling, and therefore should allow a practice that has been banned in wrestling?
    As for being a better person than you, Daniel I have no desire to be better than anyone as a person. I strive to be the best that my abilities and wisdom allow me to be. I hope you do the same. I was merely speaking from the heart and experience.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    The rules are changing my friend, Ohio has same day weigh-ins (wrestling state) They changed that rule after I addressed it publicly with Dana White. Dana said he would follow the rules if they changed it. They changed it and he hasn't been back since... That is all on public record. Dana said he didn't agree with it, but had to follow it... You never answered my question about BJJ/MMA being a safer environment than wrestling, and therefore should allow a practice that has been banned in wrestling?
    As for being a better person than you, Daniel I have no desire to be better than anyone as a person. I strive to be the best that my abilities and wisdom allow me to be. I hope you do the same. I was merely speaking from the heart and experience.
    huh? you sure have a way of saying that in your posts.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    We were speaking about fighting and stratagies as fighters. Not as thinking of ones self as better than another as a person. But how we choose to show the world that we are the best fighter. As a person we are all equal, some of us make better decisions at different points in our lives. But I believe evryones life journey is a learning experience. We all learn different things at different times. We are all at different points of our lives, but that doesn't make one better than the other, just in a different place on their path. We all fall off the path at some point in our journey, and with help return to strive some more. Sometimes we need help and other times we give the help. Competition is good, it helps us to see that, if we take the time to analyze or journey in training.
    I hope you the best in your training and hope you strive to be the best that you can possibly be!

I just do not agree with the weightcutting on many different issues, as I stated. You gave a decent rebuttle with a link to show you knew one point, which I liked. It showed you were for real. But you had only one valid point, and didn't touch the safety issue. Actually when you began you admitted my point. Your statement "it's coloring between the lines" acknowledges you admit it's not completely right.... There is no grey area with right and wrong. Is one or the other. Just as good and evil But that was the other thread wasn't it

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    P.S. Nick is supposed to be up this weekend. If you would like I can ask him to step on the scale and shoot you the pic.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    We were speaking about fighting and stratagies as fighters. Not as thinking of ones self as better than another as a person. But how we choose to show the world that we are the best fighter. As a person we are all equal, some of us make better decisions at different points in our lives. But I believe evryones life journey is a learning experience. We all learn different things at different times. We are all at different points of our lives, but that doesn't make one better than the other, just in a different place on their path. We all fall off the path at some point in our journey, and with help return to strive some more. Sometimes we need help and other times we give the help. Competition is good, it helps us to see that, if we take the time to analyze or journey in training.
    I hope you the best in your training and hope you strive to be the best that you can possibly be!

I just do not agree with the weightcutting on many different issues, as I stated. You gave a decent rebuttle with a link to show you knew one point, which I liked. It showed you were for real. But you had only one valid point, and didn't touch the safety issue. Actually when you began you admitted my point. Your statement "it's coloring between the lines" acknowledges you admit it's not completely right.... There is no grey area with right and wrong. Is one or the other. Just as good and evil But that was the other thread wasn't it
    no thats not what I meant by the coloring example. Its in the rules and like you stated its not grey area, its black and white.
    My thought on the safety issue is that is what the doctors are for. If they don't think someone is healthy enough to fight, than they call it off. That is why we have pre fight exams and wrestlers don't. If you put yourself in danger than your not doing yourself any favors. Thats that.
    You say you don't agree with weight cutting but 10lbs is no big deal. Why do you get to decide what a big deal is. why 10 lbs. I have a very good friend that can't cut 5lbs to save his life and have another that cuts 20lbs in one day with little effort. How does it make since using those examples to say that 10lbs is not big deal?

so you kick it with Nick. I am jealous, he is one of my favorite fighters. He and his brother many times remind me of my brother and myself.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    I say 10lbs because some guys are stuck between weight classes.. 178-180>185 cuts 10 =170, 165 etc... And only if that didn't make them fail a hydration test would I think it's both fair and safe. Nick is real, and that's why we are friends. He doesn't even try to fake nada. With his vegan diet, it's hard as hell for him to maintain weight. I think he overtrains, but that's his outlet. His way to deal with life, which I happen to like! Nick asked my wife how to spell a word he was texting. And she thought he was fucking with her. He should've been offended, but was like hey I can't spell for shit! So would you put yourself above Nick because you're a better speller? No... We each have our gifts and our short cummings. I just want everyone to be their best, then shit gets even better!!!

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    it is what it is, and I still don't know what your totally for but it doens't matter that is why the internet sucks. Maybe some day we'll meet and only than, verbally, can we spell out what we really are trying to say.
    Peace and tell Diaz he has a lot of supporter in Washington.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast