Array

School
    Mac Self Defence

Rener Gracie pulls mission and then zombies

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    That wasn't mission control, his hand was over the top, not wrist to ankle. But it is a good example of the way some of the Brazilians play high guard. (Notice how when he zombies and hugs the knee he then puts the hand under the knee, they don't do that in 10th Planet anymore bc it gives the opponent an opportunity to step over.) This is one of the ways they try to say Eddie didn't create RG, they've been doing this. Well they haven't been doing this, they've just had something similar, not as good. And they have not gone as in depth with it.

So it's close but not exactly, good eye though.

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    its called the leghook guard. one of bjj's many high guards.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I don't really think that was 10th planet inspired its a pretty standard omoplata setup. london, Sean Williams guard Nino Schembri style whatever you want to call it he was just baiting an omoplata but the guy didn't bite. I like Rener I wish he was more in to competition.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I seem to recall a video where Rener (or Ryron) was saying that they don't believe in doing any moves that put the body in unnatural positions or requires qualities (like extreme flexibility) that not everyone has. I took it to mean that they don't utilize Rubber Guard techniques.

I could be mistaken.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I seem to recall a video where Rener (or Ryron) was saying that they don't believe in doing any moves that put the body in unnatural positions or requires qualities (like extreme flexibility) that not everyone has. I took it to mean that they don't utilize Rubber Guard techniques.

I could be mistaken.
    Come on dude, that wasn't even mission control. Anybody who can sit indian style can do what he did that's hardly extreme flexibility.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

I could be mistaken.

wow. Seems like a repeat of the Judokan/gracie scandal all over again, except the victims have become the accusers. I hope someday, some elite bjj, judokan, and 10th planet jui jitsu practitioners all come together and form a gym utilizing and combining the biggest strengths in all their styles into one system. Why do I feel like Martain luther king right now?