Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix

Desert Challenge Arizona Kids Div.

Good afternoon board just wanted to introduce myself and give an update on the recent tournament today in Phoenix (kids only). My name is Luis Alverio. I am 35, and recently started training under John Botello @ 10th planet Phoenix in Oct of 2010.My son has been training under him since June 2010. Jiu Jitsu has done wonder for myself and my son (as he is very passive and small for his age, and needed something he would take a liking to and 10th planet was it). Right after the 1st training session he turned to me and said he found what he wanted to do and asked to go full time. He will be 9 in March and weighed in for competition today at 49 lbs. I am no heavyweight myself, as i said before i am 35, 5'8 and weigh in at 140 (so this is actually good for both of us).

10th planet had 2 solid performances by both the entrants today. Noah, and Zack. Noah's 1st match (ever) went down very well (should have video up later today), but lost on points. Zack's went down just as well but lost as he was shooting in for a double and got caught in a solid standing guillotine (actually went to sleep because the ref couldn't see him tapping with the other hand). I was spooked as he went limp, and literally had to yell at the ref "HE IS OUT" in order to get him to respond. but he recovered and was ok for the rest of the time we were there. This was a single elimination tourney, so they were both knocked out on the 1st round. It was a learning experience for both kids and I am sure will continue to polish their skills out as time goes on under John tutelage. Congrats to the both of them for even taking the mat, and although we didn't win it all we represented 10th Planet Phoenix.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    Great job by both of them, way to rep !!

They both work hard, and make me proud every class.. never lose the lessons learned

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Here is the vid. enjoy!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    He rocked, great job Noah !!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Charlotte
    Right, he looks very strong and smart.