Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inverted guard

but do you think any other whitebelts know wtf to do in that position? thats why i wanna learn the more advanced as well

Robert Sevigny

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Maybe, but to me spending any real time looking at inverted guard as a white belt is what seems silly.
    depends on how conceptually they understand "the game" if they barely understand what BJJ is (i clearly remember mine back in 07) you could do the most basic submission and i had noclue what to do, in 4 years (07-11, but most of that was just watching/enjoying fights without going deeper than that and really understanding techniques and all that glorious stuff) i crammed like a MOFO like 6-10 years of juijitsu in like 1-2 years.

so if your just starting out, you have no need for IG eventually if you stick with it long enough youll learn how to use it and what it does its more a matter of commitment

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Watch Braulio Estima run through ADCC 2009 with it. He inverted-triangled Andre Galvao, and almost got the same on Xande Ribeiro in the open weight finals, which led to Xande's injury and Braulio's gold. I can't use it very well myself, but apparently it can be effective against the highest levels of grappling.

Robert Sevigny

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Evans View Post
    Braulio Estima
    harry, he wrote the INVISIBLE GUARD dvd didnt he? i think i have him he taught me some crazy tricks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123