Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Originally Posted by WhooFleuryScores

It'd be cool if we all lived nearby, take turns tutoring her and stuff. Let me know if I can help in anyway!
    Stranger Danger!
    lol that is true! One of my former instructors in life (who eventually abandoned/turned on me) once taught me "no matter what I teach you, always learn a few things on your own and hold back a little. For one day if I or your classmates turn you will be ready".

HOO RAH!!!!

Array

School
    RONIN
    This is one of the things that makes the 10th Planet Family so different from everyone else. We all give a shit about each other and care. Its really kewl to see plp supporting others at tourny's or on this site. It seems 10th planet has a way of drawing like minded individuals together.

Quote Originally Posted by WhooFleuryScores View Post
    lol that is true! One of my former instructors in life (who eventually abandoned/turned on me) once taught me "no matter what I teach you, always learn a few things on your own and hold back a little. For one day if I or your classmates turn you will be ready".

HOO RAH!!!!
    wait so is new england having a zombie problem or did I just miss something?

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    same thing happened to me and theater. i was in a college play and put more than 100 percent into my role and the show. i was physically exhausted after the run of the production. i was mentally exhausted too. i felt like i had nothing left after it was done. i had no energy and my grades suffered and i failed miserably. but now i know if i want to succeed with school i either have to give that my utmost attention and not do anything on the side or really really figure out how to balance my time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Alvarez View Post
    This is one of the things that makes the 10th Planet Family so different from everyone else. We all give a shit about each other and care. Its really kewl to see plp supporting others at tourny's or on this site. It seems 10th planet has a way of drawing like minded individuals together.
    Excluding all the jokers who turned this into a catch a predator episode. immature.

Array

School
    Back from vacation

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Gabby, if you are reading this, this is just a little encouragement and advice. I'm sure it's frustrating to see a conversation on the forum about this, and even worse to have to take a hold from fighting. I'm sure everyone is saying that school is worthwhile, but I want to mention that this is just for the standard (and often B.S.) reasons. School teaches you a lot. I'm not saying you will use trigonometry in your daily life. I'm talking about things like dealing with a 5-day workweek, problem solving under a deadline, and teamwork. Using Microsoft Excel and learning how to use a calendar to aavoid forgetting things. It's the little things, the tricks and tools, that stick with you long after evolutionary biology and molecular chemistry and the history of the civil war have disappeared from your head.

Also, even if you want to stay in the fighting industry for the rest of your life, there are times when a diploma can really matter. You might have to make money to train, so you could get a job writing for a fighting magazine, or just do something unrelated to pay for your life. Keep in mind that fighters age, after which it is nice to have some proof of non-fighting abilities (look at Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell).

Good luck Gabby. I have no doubt we will see you back soon, and my guess is that this will fire you up enough to make that even sooner. Don't get discouraged, just keep pushing through the garbage. Something I was told long ago that re-proves itself all the time is that graduating high school, and often even undergraduate college, is not about what you study. It simply proves to whoever is looking that you can put up with and persist through 4 years of B.S. and come out alright on the other side. So, just show the teachers the toughness and persistence that you show in fighting, and you will be fine.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Evans View Post
    Gabby, if you are reading this, this is just a little encouragement and advice. I'm sure it's frustrating to see a conversation on the forum about this, and even worse to have to take a hold from fighting. I'm sure everyone is saying that school is worthwhile, but I want to mention that this is just for the standard (and often B.S.) reasons. School teaches you a lot. I'm not saying you will use trigonometry in your daily life. I'm talking about things like dealing with a 5-day workweek, problem solving under a deadline, and teamwork. Using Microsoft Excel and learning how to use a calendar to aavoid forgetting things. It's the little things, the tricks and tools, that stick with you long after evolutionary biology and molecular chemistry and the history of the civil war have disappeared from your head.

Also, even if you want to stay in the fighting industry for the rest of your life, there are times when a diploma can really matter. You might have to make money to train, so you could get a job writing for a fighting magazine, or just do something unrelated to pay for your life. Keep in mind that fighters age, after which it is nice to have some proof of non-fighting abilities (look at Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell).

Good luck Gabby. I have no doubt we will see you back soon, and my guess is that this will fire you up enough to make that even sooner. Don't get discouraged, just keep pushing through the garbage. Something I was told long ago that re-proves itself all the time is that graduating high school, and often even undergraduate college, is not about what you study. It simply proves to whoever is looking that you can put up with and persist through 4 years of B.S. and come out alright on the other side. So, just show the teachers the toughness and persistence that you show in fighting, and you will be fine.
    School teaches you how to be a slave to the fortune 500, and makes sure women work, thus pay taxes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene / Northwest Training Center
    I have been in her shoes..but possibly worse..the first half of 10th grade ( this school year) i went to the school i was supposed to go to and got in a lot of trouble, and did bad things..the only classes i passed were a IHS religon class and japanese.My dad would make me go to the gym, because he knew the guys why ride my butt for not being good, and it worked really well! But i switched back to my old school.. im doing much better! i have a 2.75 gpa ( when they award the credits..) but when it comes to progress reports and i have F's i do all the work and just later on when the grade is a D or higher get a grade print out and show my parents! I also get get C's because i fail almost all the test and quizes! which is really poopie.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellby Connelly View Post
    because he knew the guys would ride my butt for not being good
    hmm

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast