Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

UFC 145: Stephen Thompson vs Matt Brown booked for April 21 in Atlanta

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/11/27...-21-in-atlanta

If you were impressed with the way Octagon newcomer Stephen Thompson put Dan Stittgen down for a nap at UFC 143 this past Sat., Feb. 4, 2012, in Las Vegas, Nevada, the good news is it won't be long before he's back in action.

Indeed, GreenvilleOnline.com (subscription required) brings word that Thompson will return to the cage at UFC 145 on April 21 in Atlanta, Georgia, against Matt Brown.

The UFC also confirmed the matchmaking on Twitter.

As stated, Thompson made one helluva debut with the promotion, putting himself on the map with a sick head kick knockout that earned him a bonus and a spot at the post-fight press conference table. Impressive because he was the first fight on the card.

This time out, he'll get the chance to show off a few more moves against a crafty veteran.

Brown also competed at UFC 143, where he blasted former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) contestant Chris Cope in the second round of their welterweight war.

It was the second win in three fights for "The Immortal," who had previously struggled through a three-fight skid with all three bouts ending by way of Brown tapping.

No such worry here. All you "STAND-N-BANG" folks out there should enjoy this one.

UFC 145 goes down on April 21 in Atlanta and will be headlined by a light heavyweight championship showdown that's been a long time coming, as Jon Jones will defend his 205-pound strap against freshly crowned number one contender Rashad Evans.

Also set for the card is a welterweight match-up pitting rising star Rory MacDonald against British banger Che Mills. Heavyweights Brendan Schaub and Ben Rothwell are also scheduled to collide.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Boom called it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    That will be a good one
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    That will be a good one
    I think itll be a good step up for Thompson. Tough opponent but not champion level
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    one day after my birthday

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    one day after my birthday
    Good bday present to see live!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I think itll be a good step up for Thompson. Tough opponent but not champion level
    Exactly, it'll be a good guage for Thompson. Brown is a walk in the park for no one. If Thompson makes it looks easy, we may have a special case. If he struggles but looks good in victory, then he's a potential contender but might need a couple fights to improve. If he struggles but looks tough in defeat, he's legit, he just needs to improve. If he gets dominated, then he was all hype.

Personally, I'm buying the hype. I think he's going to do well if wrestling is his 2nd best asset like he says. He could be like Dominic Cruz with finishing power.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Brown will fight him smart but he likes to strike so it could be a war.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Brown will fight him smart but he likes to strike so it could be a war.
    Biggest mistake Brown could ever make. Getting in a war with Thompson. Guys like Thompson & Bang are on another level. I hope Brown fights smart, so we can see where Thompson is at with his ground game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Biggest mistake Brown could ever make. Getting in a war with Thompson. Guys like Thompson & Bang are on another level. I hope Brown fights smart, so we can see where Thompson is at with his ground game.
    One thing is for sure..Brown is going to get kicked multiple times
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast