Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Two FNG's in one day?

Man that's a tough set to follow, Loki. But I gotta!

Im Mason, I live in Madison WI. I was abruptly transplanted here from NJ after I got laid off from McFarlane Toys at the end of 2008. I decided to visit a friend from the mid west to try and let of some steam and relax. I liked it so much I spent my severance paycheck on moving out two weeks later. For years I have been a hardcore gamer, while I will never stop being one I blame its seductive call for a good portion of my procrastination and inability to stick to any kind of athletic activity for more than a month. Not to mention that the years in NJ eating rich food every day had me rocking out at about 230libs, because fuck exercise.

About a year and a half ago I tried a week of free classes at "Twisted Fitness" (ironic now that I think about it) but I couldn't afford the rate of the classes combined with transportation costs so I met up with the local amateur crew at "Madtown Beatdown". Surprise, surprise, I injure myself the first meetup. I learned three things. 1. I have very little skill in Jiu Jitsu. 2. Not tapping out of a joint lock in training isn't impressive, it's stupid. 3. I wanted to learn more.

Now that we are in 2011 Im healed up and finally getting my shit back together by getting into a positive routine, I find that I have a lot of free time and have always had an interest in combat sport and self preservation. So, the obvious solution was to put down the sourcebooks, unplug the '360 and level Mason up for a change. Over the past 3 months I have mainly worked on my cardio with kickboxing/Muay Thai classes at Ultimate Fittness & Fighting. I have since gotten a new job that has me working during the hours of my old class, so I figure is time to shift focus to my ground game.

I did some research and 10th planet seemed to be what I was about in a more complete way than anywhere else. So I look forward to getting to know you all, and learning with you, even though we may never meet.

-Mason

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Glad to have you Mason! You came to the right place, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu IS the best ground fighting system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Welcome. Youre a few hours from a bunch of locations road trips for training are always fun. Madison is the shit very mellow.

Array

School
    GTC / Ronin
    Not that I'm really in any position to be welcoming people but yeah lol welcome!

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    ^^ What he said!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Thanks for the support guys. I can't wait to get my proper membership tomorrow so that I can upload pictures of the silliness I am attempting.

-MJB

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Thanks Josh. You're right, Madison is a very chilled out town.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vancouver
    check Renato Laranja out. He'll turn your game around

welcome mason we must speak about the eddie bravo action figure line and how we go about it