Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville

Anyone ever heard of or tried intalling an HHO kit in your car to get better MPG?

Basically people claim that through electrolysis you can separate hydrogen from oxygen and by injecting the hydrogen into your cars air intake you can improve your MPG by 30-100%. A lot of youtube vids claiming it works but plenty of people saying it doesn't as well. Obviously the only way to know is to DIY, but it seems like an inexpensive experiment for potentially great reward ie Hummer's getting 35-40 mpg's.
    Anyone tried it or know anyone that has?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Whats that other thing they do with hydrogen....uh....o ya they make big ass bombs with it. Sure dude give it a try whats the worst that could happen?
    formerly known as jmw0582

K Madden

not quite that easy. i made a lawnmower work on HHO, but it required more than just that.
    it had a potassium-based solvent that stabilized the system and made it less volatile.
    you have to reduce the injector rate, introduce another fuel pump that can mix correct pressure amounts between reg fuel and your HHO mixture. I did not get the 30% fuel bump for any sustained period of time.
    although, I tried with 100%- and it burned out the lawnmower waaaaay too powerful. which is a gooooood sign.
    i never had the balls to try it on MY car.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Whats that other thing they do with hydrogen....uh....o ya they make big ass bombs with it. Sure dude give it a try whats the worst that could happen?
    Cute bro, I have a hydrogen torch in my garage I weld with. But if you REALLY want to troll my thread with non-sense go for it...

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendell Madden View Post
    not quite that easy. i made a lawnmower work on HHO, but it required more than just that.
    it had a potassium-based solvent that stabilized the system and made it less volatile.
    you have to reduce the injector rate, introduce another fuel pump that can mix correct pressure amounts between reg fuel and your HHO mixture. I did not get the 30% fuel bump for any sustained period of time.
    although, I tried with 100%- and it burned out the lawnmower waaaaay too powerful. which is a gooooood sign.
    i never had the balls to try it on MY car.
    How did you draw electricity for the electrolysis on your mower? Just curious. In a car it's hooked to the alternator, I think.

K Madden

it was a POS riding mower with a small alternator. i upgraded the Alternator too, the fucker barely ran, but i was as proud as a new daddy.

Array

School
    Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    Cute bro, I have a hydrogen torch in my garage I weld with. But if you REALLY want to troll my thread with non-sense go for it.
    Ok, I forgot any time you make a joke on the internet its automatically trolling. I will go away from your thread now with my troll head hung in shame.

Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Thanks for a the useless article I already read three years ago. I really applaud the fact that you can use google and a few key words and I'm sure nothing has changed at all in the world since then. Do you believe everything you read? Did you even read that or just copy and a paste it? Dude, I'm not trying to be a dick but for all the times you call people out for stupid shit... If you have an opinion great, let it be known. I think that article seem biased and although the guys at PM are pro's it sounded like they had no idea what they were doing with the equipment they were testing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Ok, I forgot any time you make a joke on the internet its automatically trolling. I will go away from your thread now with my troll head hung in shame.
    You don't have to get all but hurt, notice I joked back? You said H-Bomb, I gave you a nuclear facepalm, c'mon that's funny stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast