Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    The takedown is all i need.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramone (RAM) Codrington View Post
    good sweep to the truck. but the steps after that are pretty low percentage. he maybe needs to buy mastering the twister book.
    That's what I thought too. I like the takedown. Plus, even if you can't drop him backwards into the truck, you have a good grip to control his body while standing. For MMA it's good too cuz you won't be eating any strikes.....and if he falls forward, you'll land in desouza control (is that right?) and all you gotta do is pull him on you and you're in the truck anyway. That is of course if you do the truck properly (Almeida wasn't).

From what I see, the takedown is good money. His path to the twister is horrible.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I been running this TD through my head too. I feel like 10th could improve on it cuz the moment you break your grip to switch over to the "high crotch" there's a window that lets your man spin out or reverse you. Once you break that grip, if you don't end up grabbing that leg, you've lost your man. A good wrestler would reverse.

I'm thinking that 10th could take the idea of the take down and improve on it with little adjustments to reduce the risk of getting reversed or adding more control to the transition.

Maybe getting a regular high crotch while grapevining the leg and falling back like a trip and then adjust for the truck on the way down?

IDK, maybe I'm letting my imagination run away with me. But I'm 100% sure a good wrestling guy from 10th would improve on this.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Just go ahead and underhook the arm instead of high crotching... then fall back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12