Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ

When someones gets choked out or passes out?

Hey guys I tried looking for correct info on how or what to do when someone nearby KO's or passes out either from a hit or submission what exactly do you have to do I always see dumbasses in streetfights messing with the victim moving him around obviously not safe so since were more than likely to experience these due to our sport I wanted to know if theres a link or if someone can tell me whats the correct thing to do??

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    i believe if somebody gets choked to sleep you raise their legs to get blood flowin back to the brain and they kinda kick start with a jerk.

Array

School
    On the search
    #1. Make sure they are breathing. Sounds stupid but shit happens.

#2. Keep them safe
    - Seizure activity sometimes happens. Pad around the person minimize the movement of the head without hurting the person. Put nothing into the mouth. Do not remove the mouth guard by reaching between the persons teeth. Grab it from the sides between the teeth & cheek.

#3. Do not lift or excessively move the head. Hold the head in line with the spine.

#4. Lift the legs in cases where the person is choked out.

In cases of knocking someone out with a strike, brain & spinal injuries would be the main injuries of interest. A visit to the emergency room & C.A.T. Scan should be sought out.

Look for someone at your gym who was an EMT or Medic. I was a medic for 7 years. It's helped out a few times at my gym. If you're really interested in knowing what to do take a basic CPR/First Aid, EMT or Life Guarding class. Life saving technique!

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    You know I actually plan on studying to be EMT/Paramedic lol now as for the raising legs part should you do that everytime or like you said only if its in the case of someone getting choked out

also I remember seeing a NHB documentary with Frank Sahmrock and Randy Couture in it some guys lung collapses but the ref knew what do he sat him up and smacked his back in a certain area and the guy woke up immediately does that sound like the right thing to do or and how can you tell if someones lung collapses?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel"EL DIABLO"Diaz View Post
    You know I actually plan on studying to be EMT/Paramedic lol now as for the raising legs part should you do that everytime or like you said only if its in the case of someone getting choked out

also I remember seeing a NHB documentary with Frank Sahmrock and Randy Couture in it some guys lung collapses but the ref knew what do he sat him up and smacked his back in a certain area and the guy woke up immediately does that sound like the right thing to do or and how can you tell if someones lung collapses?
    Sounds like it requires professional training...

Array

School
    On the search
    Only raise the legs if someone gets choked out.

A pneumothorax or lung collapse is usually identified, without the aid of a X-Ray, by difficulty breathing, diminished lung sounds (you'd need a stethoscope), and unequal chest rise. In terms of a tension pnuemothorax you can add tracheal deviation, and respiratory distress. The second set of signs means it's really bad and that's usually when you'll really know if the lung is collapsed. Basic rule is anyone having continuous difficulty breathing after taking a hit to the chest should be checked out at the hospital.

Treating a lung collapse is getting into things that should be over the lay-person's head. If someone's lung collapses dial 911 immediately! Place them ON TO their injured side to allow the good lung to fully expand or the position of comfort. They are going to look like absolute shit. Just wait for the medics.

DO NOT start smacking people.

Dude how the fuck are u gonna get a collapsed lung from getting knocked out or choked out? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Dude how the fuck are u gonna get a collapsed lung from getting knocked out or choked out? Lol
    You need a tear in the pleural lining to get a collapsed lung..usually from a broken rib. But any chest trauma can theoretically do it and some people are more prone to pneumos than others and they can happen spontaneously.

To answer your question you would get a collapsed lung from events that occur around the time of the KO or choke. Knees or kicks to the body. A tight body lock that breaks a rib while setting up an RNC. Bearing down while defending a choke would also increase intrathoracic pressure which could cause a pneumothorax

THat wud suck

Array

School
    On the search
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Patrick View Post
    You need a tear in the pleural lining to get a collapsed lung..usually from a broken rib. But any chest trauma can theoretically do it and some people are more prone to pneumos than others and they can happen spontaneously.

To answer your question you would get a collapsed lung from events that occur around the time of the KO or choke. Knees or kicks to the body. A tight body lock that breaks a rib while setting up an RNC. Bearing down while defending a choke would also increase intrathoracic pressure which could cause a pneumothorax
    Nice Job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast