Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    That would work really well against someone who doesn't know how to play lockdown.

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    seems to me that would only work if a guy had a weak lockdown. in the vid the guy with the lockdown is kinda limp dickin it. just my opinion
    My thoughts exactly. The supposed "lockdown" the other guy has is very weak. He is not extending his legs at all. Not to say this counter isn't valid; I just would want to see it if the guy was actually extending his lockdown the way us planeteers actually do.

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    I would like to add that Keith Owen had some very legit lockdown escapes that he does in "Keith Owen's favorite moves Vol 3" that are easier and in my opinion more effective.

beauty MG pass. havent seen that before. Thanks. I wonder how it will do against a tight extended lockdown, like say moving some one back down before stomp then grabbing the leg. Sounds like i have homework.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Dustin, I can't see the vid you posted. It's probably flash or something. iPad sucks. Anyways, if you can post a link I'll check it out.

As with any move/technique, there's always a counter. One shouldn't rely on lockdown to work 100% of the time.
    Your opponent will have short legs, will have repped escaping, will be more aggresive, or will be able to slip through(sweat = less friction). Just know they may know how to get through, so anticipate and react first if possible.

Talk soon man.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Is it unreasonable to ask these guys to stop talking about stuff they don't know? Honestly, unless you know what a real lockdown is, you can't teach an escape to it. That guy can't call that a lock down escape because that ain't a lockdown. That's like saying a guy's in spiderweb because he's defending an armbar with his hands clasped. Just because it looks like a lock down doesn't mean it's a lockdown. Just because it looks like rubber guard doesn't mean it's rubber guard.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Is it unreasonable to ask these guys to stop talking about stuff they don't know?
    I know what you mean man.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Marcelo's pass looked better, but I'd like to see how he would pass when the guy has tight double unders.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Marcelo's pass looked better, but I'd like to see how he would pass when the guy has tight double unders.
    I could not find an example of this on MGinaction.com, but if a guy has tight double unders in any half guard he is pretty much expected to get the sweep unless the guy on top can find his way into an overhook twister pass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast