Aliens communicated from space!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    The Onion...not real
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I love the Onion! Always funny.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    weather the onion is credible or not, logic & law of averages says the universe is as vast lif diverse life as the ocean

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    with diverse life

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Oh I FIRMLY believe there is life out there. Lots of it. Like moss growing on uncountable trillions of planets. Kepler has been finding earth-like planets almost from the moment they opened the shutter. And that's just in a tiny sliver of the sky, in a not-particularly-special part of just our galaxy -- out of more than 200 billion galaxies.

We know for sure life exists in the universe so the probability of life existing at all = 1. That dramatically increases the likelihood that it will be found wherever the conditions are similar to where it already exists (1+n>0). We keep having to expand what we mean by "conditions for life to exist" because we keep finding it in places we thought were literally sterile on our own planet. That has lead us plan expeditions to Europa and Enceladus to search for life in the oceans beneath their respective ice crusts. Earth is almost entirely rock -- it's only covered by a proportionally thin veneer of water. Enceladus, in contrast, is almost 95% water! A whole moon of almost nothing but water that nevertheless has active geology. So far, where we find heat and water we have found life.

So we have one planet and two moons in just our solar system that have a probability >0 of having life in some recognizable form. We have found more than two thousand planets -- almost all of them outside of any conditions we know life can sustain. But we've found a few that seem to favor the conditions for warm, liquid water. Jupiter is uninhabitable by anything we know of as life, but Europa is not. So of those planets we've found that can't support life, some of them may well have a moon that can.

The odds are just overwhelmingly in favor of life being scattered all across the universe on a scale we simply cannot comprehend. We are only TWO generations beyond knowing that our galaxy isn't the only one in the universe. We only just left our planet and achieved orbit in my mom's lifetime. Everything we've learned from the Voyager probes we learned in my lifetime. Cassini just raised the odds on life elsewhere in our solar system by spotting Enceladus' geology two years ago. What are we going to learn in the next 50 years? 100? 500? 2000?

I really do think we're on the cusp of publicly announcing the discovery of life of some kind. I think it will come from the James Webb space telescope or possibly the E-ELT which comes online in about 2020. One of those two scopes will be trained on the best candidates that Kepler comes up with. One of them is almost certainly going to find atmospheric evidence of life, given enough candidate planets to search.

All of that is a totally different question from: "Have we been contacted? If so, when?" I believe with zealous certainty that there is abundant life in the universe, but I am not at all convinced yet that we have been contacted by any of it. Yet. We might be really, really close.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    Well Newt Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.

“By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the
    moon and it will be American,” Gingrich said, drawing applause from the crowd.
    “I will, as president, encourage the introduction of the northwest ordinance for
    space to put a marker down that we want Americans to think boldly about the
    future and we want Americans to go out and study hard and work hard and together,
    we’re going to unleash the American people to build the country we love.”

Newt will pay for the moon adventure with the money saved from firing public
    school janitors and having 9 year old school children do the work of the adult
    janitors. Newty will do away with silly child labor laws.

If you know any school janitors let them know about this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    That was a great article.

I also beleive, that with how vast our universe is, it only seems logical to be one of many forms of logical, and intelligent life.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th Planet Riverside, Ca View Post
    Well Newt Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.

“By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the
    moon and it will be American,” Gingrich said, drawing applause from the crowd.
    “I will, as president, encourage the introduction of the northwest ordinance for
    space to put a marker down that we want Americans to think boldly about the
    future and we want Americans to go out and study hard and work hard and together,
    we’re going to unleash the American people to build the country we love.”

Newt will pay for the moon adventure with the money saved from firing public
    school janitors and having 9 year old school children do the work of the adult
    janitors. Newty will do away with silly child labor laws.

If you know any school janitors let them know about this.
    the moon is already occupied, thats why we havent gone back, appollo 18 was inspired by real events

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    nasa & russian cosmonauts say the us got warned not to go back to the moon by ET's and the russian probe got remotely controlled by a unknown force an then they lost communication