School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wilcken View Post
    1 post, big complaints. Troll maybe?
    The dude is for real unfortunately...

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Why not talk to John about your concerns first and foremost rather than jumping online to slander it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    Why not talk to John about your concerns first and foremost rather than jumping online to slander it?
    That's fine... I'm sad to see some of what I should consider "my people" jumping me. But my guys will start posting after work tonight (it's 10 am here in NZ) and they'll let you know what they think of the way we train and run this club

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    Easy tigers!
    I'm the one running this gym. Eddie was in New Zealand in December and EDDIE himself mentioned at the seminar that I was on the way to open a 10th planet school that's all I'm not promoting it as being 10th planet Hamilton right now since it's not official...

So let's hear my side of the story and you guys should go check "HomasterX" on youtube before taking his word for it LOL

Yesterday we re-opened our club "Fighter Factory" and a bunch of my guys are entering a grappling competition on Saturday so I went over some guard passes and we worked on some Marcelo Garcia setups (far side armbar, to north/south choke to near armbar to north/south choke) I broke down in 3 parts and then we went on rolling. We've been focusing on our top game and wrestling ( We've go a multiple times national champ and multiple Oceania champ coach) lately due to the competition being only 3 minute long matches

Eddie has met Andrew at the seminar so he knows. You guys should chill two seconds before busting my nuts !!! Check your facts first!
    ANYWAYS that random guy that "strolled in" is actually a blue belt that competes and has been training for a long time. He got there a bit late due to work so the guy knows what he was doing! LOL

Last night there was 10 people on the mat ranging from a total beginner to a pro MMA fighter and they all had a blast!

Nobody's safety was at risk! Even little 120lbs girls train with us so WTF people...

I've got national champs in wrestling, pro MMA fighters, average Joes, seasoned jiu jitsu competitors from different clubs training with me and NONE I repeat NONE of them ever complained about my classes! My training methods and classes have been the same since day one!

That's what we do. You guys are far too happy to jump on the ban wagon!

Well shoot dang. Didnt think about you John. I didnt see anybody say anything about banning though. Theres been posers before though so people are pretty protective.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 02-13-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Well shoot dang. Didnt think about you John. I didnt see anybody say anything about banning though
    Brent go have a look at all the post... Seems like it was easier for you guys to blame than questioning! But I want that thread to stay and we can all learn from this!

BTW I edited the "ban wagon" to "hate wagon" lol seems more appropriate
    Feel the love on Valentine's day LOL (and yes it's Valentine's day in NZ)

Also to keep the record straight Andrew told me that he had several years of experience (If I recall correctly 5 years)
    And he also told me that he was running an MMA school and claims to train in 20 different martial arts

I fucking hate doing this but my credibility and integrity as a martial artist/coach/ person/ jiu jitsu fanatic and loyal nibiru warrior has been attacked so fuck it I'll name and shame.

None of my guys went any harder on him than they would have with someone else! I trust my boys to take care of each other and the new guys (experienced or not) Jiu Jitsu ain't playing card it's a contact sport and shit happens! Who hasn't been squeezed a bit funny and got poked in the eye unintentionally? I had my big toe broken by accident and torn ligaments (knee and wrist) by accidents! Black eyes by accident... The list can go on and on....
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 02-13-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    To be fair, a guy has complaints. We look up the gym. It's not official. Can't blame people for putting 2 and 2 together.

Other than that, talk to the guy and get both sides of the story. Eye gouges and over cranking armbars are a bad look no matter what. You need to address that.

But I'm glad that you're on the boards and willing to clear up the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    That's what I would think is the smartest route. Personally, I hate when "in gym" stuff hits forums. That needs to be handled in the gym.

Array

School
    Fighter Factory
    I can completely back up what John said. Andrew has had no formal training and has been training martial arts (including jiu jitsu) at his house for the last 4 years. He has supposedly coached mma at the local university but once i rolled with him last night i realised he is a complete poser. We had 3 minute rounds going last night prepping us for the tourney this weekend. My roll lasted about a minute after him sitting in my guard and managing to fall on his back with his legs crossed in some sort of double lotus position. Yes, this did confuse the fuck out of me. Somehow his nose got hurt, don't ask me how, this dude is an all round enigma. so we sat out for a minute then we continued to roll. I took his back and choked him. he tapped i let go. Thats all. i did not hold it for 10 taps, i have never done that and never will because it's a shitty thing to do.

This dude needs to sort his shit out and realise martial arts isnt for him. HomasterX on youtube if you want to see this douche in action. I have trained with John and the club for long enough to know it is a safe friendly environment and i think that Andrew is trying to give us a bad name. The truth is out... peace and fuck you andrew

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianColson View Post
    I can completely back up what John said. Andrew has had no formal training and has been training martial arts (including jiu jitsu) at his house for the last 4 years. He has supposedly coached mma at the local university but once i rolled with him last night i realised he is a complete poser. We had 3 minute rounds going last night prepping us for the tourney this weekend. My roll lasted about a minute after him sitting in my guard and managing to fall on his back with his legs crossed in some sort of double lotus position. Yes, this did confuse the fuck out of me. Somehow his nose got hurt, don't ask me how, this dude is an all round enigma. so we sat out for a minute then we continued to roll. I took his back and choked him. he tapped i let go. Thats all. i did not hold it for 10 taps, i have never done that and never will because it's a shitty thing to do.

This dude needs to sort his shit out and realise martial arts isnt for him. HomasterX on youtube if you want to see this douche in action. I have trained with John and the club for long enough to know it is a safe friendly environment and i think that Andrew is trying to give us a bad name. The truth is out... peace and fuck you andrew
    Tell them how big you are and how old you are Seb and describe Andrew to them...

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    To be fair, a guy has complaints. We look up the gym. It's not official. Can't blame people for putting 2 and 2 together.
    I give you that

Other than that, talk to the guy and get both sides of the story. Eye gouges and over cranking armbars are a bad look no matter what. You need to address that.
    I'd vouch for any of my guys this has been over exaggerated. If he had previous injuries he never mentioned it to anyone. I'm no mind reader nor are my guys... Are you?

But I'm glad that you're on the boards and willing to clear up the issue.
    I've been there since day one and made 3 month long trips to HQ every year since 08 and the only time I couldn't make it we managed to bring Eddie in NZ for a seminar. I ain't going nowhere and we'll get to the bottom of this!
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 02-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast