Array

School
    GGBJJ

Hayastan Grappling Challenge - Charlotte NC - 03/17

Is anyone going to compete in this tournament?

http://grapplingchallenge.com/index....ew=detail&id=4

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    It's as close to adcc rules as you can get

I might, but I train under yamasaki not 10thp.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    With Pan Ams the week after I can't risk getting and injured at this one. This will be my first time missing this tournament in a few yrs. I'll probably be up there though coaching some guys.
    I also think the rules..... well suck. A two minute sub only round followed by a three minute points. Even in advanced. Not enough time to work.
    I do like how they allow so many subs...but they even allow white belts in gi to heel hook... Really?
    Also give points for getting out of a bad position, which I don't like.
    I've competed in it multiple times like I said, just not my favorite.

Array

School
    At HGC in at gokor's it was 3 min sub, 2 min points+sub, then sudden death takedown. I liked it, although I would have preferred 4 min sub, 4 min points and sub= 8 mins, and the sudden death to determine winner.
    Damn Pam Ams? Nogi? I like the sound of that if it is.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    At HGC in at gokor's it was 3 min sub, 2 min points+sub, then sudden death takedown. I liked it, although I would have preferred 4 min sub, 4 min points and sub= 8 mins, and the sudden death to determine winner.
    Damn Pam Ams? Nogi? I like the sound of that if it is.
    That was the rule-set at HGC Fredonia last fall.

Array

School
    Area 50.1
    No pressure points allowed??? WTF is that? What about Ninpo magic? can i use that?

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    Well I was planning on going....after reading the replies (Especially from Helton) I'm not so sure. I like the idea of actually getting to work some submissions....but doesn't seem like very much time to work. Anybody else have any experiences with this particular tournament?

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Fuck'n A I hate injuries!

I'm out of the tourny...I got injured this weekend - I tweeked my lower back hiking/mountain-biking over the weekend (which I do neither). Thought a couple days off would be enough to come back to the gym & roll lightly but I was wrong. Just pulling out of an arm-bar attempt seized my lower back up & now it hursts worse than it did on Saturday.

I was really feeling ready to go for HGC & I am so dissapointed that I'm out. Plus I doubt I can roll for at least 2 weeks. Man, this is depressing.

Any advise on a speedy recovery? I'm just iceing it when I can 20min on/20 min off & taking ibuprofin.

Array

School
    Head to chiropractor and get straightened out, then get a massage. This is what I do when my back gets tweaked and gets me back on the dancefloor in no time.