Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

Fighting a southpaw

So I'm gettin' back in the cage against a lefty on the 7th of april here and I don't have a ton of experience against left handed thai-style strikers. Anyone wanna drop some nuggets of wisdom on a brother? for instance, am I more likely to get countered with a left cross when throwing a reverse round kick to his lead leg? Whatever other insights you guys have would be welcomed as well. Thanks much.

Concentrate on keeping your lead foot on the outside of his lead (right) foot. It's not easy because southpaws practice doing this all the time, but it puts you in a position that takes power from his straight left and puts him in line to your straight right.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Pos rep!
    Tkank you sir, keep it comin' fellas.

counter with right cross all day, prepare for him to land inside leg kicks on your lead leg, Im southpaw btw.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Single leg if you are a ground fighter
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    circle toward your back so he walks into your right hand or right round house kick. dont follow if he circles cause he could be setting you up for the same. i switch stances when i fight and i use this kind of foot work.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Might be too soon to get good at, but I stand southpaw and nail standing scissor sweeps all the time. My absolute favorite move against orthodox stance.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    Might be too soon to get good at, but I stand southpaw and nail standing scissor sweeps all the time. My absolute favorite move against orthodox stance.

We talkin Ryo Chonan? Vid of the technique plz.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    circle toward your back so he walks into your right hand or right round house kick. dont follow if he circles cause he could be setting you up for the same. i switch stances when i fight and i use this kind of foot work.
    Could you clarify this a bit for me? Circle towards my back? You mean circle away from his power (to my left) and then cut an angle by taking my rear (right) leg and stepping back for like a quarter turn to counter?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Could you clarify this a bit for me? Circle towards my back? You mean circle away from his power (to my left) and then cut an angle by taking my rear (right) leg and stepping back for like a quarter turn to counter?
    better put than me but yes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast