Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

MMA fights this weekend, any one else.

6 guys from our BBJ class have amature MMA Fights this. One guy has been working really hard on his rubber guard. Hopefully we will see a good sub off it Saturday night. Coming from a pretty well known Muay Thai gym most opponents don't want to stand with these guys so they want to take our guys down, thinking they have no ground game. Surprise!!!!
    Anyone else have MMA fights this weekend?

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    My good fighter that we were trying to challenge with a real good match up is fighting a guy out of Grand Rapids MI that is 9-0. They hosted and attended Eddie's seminar a few moths back. He has yet to face a guy with real BJJ experience. They are the main event, should be a war!!!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Well, exciting night last night for sure. Some great BJJ and some great Mauy thai. mostly on the defense side. On great back take to Rear naked finish. I credit Eddie for that. We have been working hard on the "count to 10" submissions squeeze. I yelled it from the corner and my fighter said it took until 7 to get the tap. Thanks Eddie!! My best guy lost by discission. He spent most of the time on the bottom doing everything right and had better stand up, but the judges do favor the top control guy. The opponent was a ground and pound guy that was unable to "pound" although he did "ground" My fighter was still healthy and energetic after the fight, and the winner needed to be helped out of the cage and 3 paramedics and a doctor for a half hour after the fight!!! We also had a 2 second first round head kick KO from one of our guys. Ding, left,right, head kick, out. 2 fist time guys got wins, both had to defend solid arm bars and triangle chokes to win. Also thanks to Eddie, because we have been drilling the "dead zones" every class since the MTS came out, not only does it help you finish, but it really helps your defense of those techniques being the grappling dummy. Thanks EDDIE!!!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

First vid: This guy has only been doing BJJ for about 4 mths. Not only was his armbar/ triangle defense good from all the "dead zone" drilling we have done, but we have also been working on flipping in the butterfly hooks, as per Eddie. Notice the buttfly sweep right after the take down, he didn't even think, you can tell it was just reaction. Pretty amazing for only 4 mths!!! Thanks Eddie, this stuff is amazing.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

This a a first fight also: He had mount and got rolled and went right for rubber guard. he hasn't even worked it much!! He then went from full to half guard, i thought it was a big mistake, but he turned it into a sweep, which really was the beginning of the end. The opponent refused to answer the bell for the next round!!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

Eric is a very dedicated student and the best rubber guard in class. Didn't get to show it off, but All the work on "dead zones" paid off. The squeeze for 10 sec tip Eddie gave was the deciding factor in this. Eric said he counted to 7 before the tap!! Thanks agian to Eddie!!!