Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Big Girls Gym
    I'm getting caught in this same position but my training partner threaten with the kimura and triangle choke. Going to drill the escapes Greg W. posted

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Tons of things you can threaten from in Modified Scarf Hold/Judo Side Control. You just do see alot of it in Jiu Jitsu as its not as common a position.
    Agreed with Zog 100%. My teamate attacks both arms a couple of different ways and will catch the triangle on occasion!! Not a fun place to hang out!!

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Tons of things you can threaten from in Modified Scarf Hold/Judo Side Control. You just do see alot of it in Jiu Jitsu as its not as common a position.
    Hmm, I stand corrected. It's weird because I knew you had a video about modified scarf hold attacks, but I remember passing on it because I thought it was full of goon moves. No disrespect intended. I hold your videos in high esteem, and TWIR is my favorite jiu-jitsu series on youtube. But when I saw the reverse arm-triangle I thought, "Well, that looks like it would be really uncomfortable for my training partners, but someone would tough that out in competition," and moved on. Having re-watched the video in its entirety, I really like it.

...but I still wonder about the reverse arm-triangle. Is it a pain move, or can someone pass out from it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    Hmm, I stand corrected. It's weird because I knew you had a video about modified scarf hold attacks, but I remember passing on it because I thought it was full of goon moves. No disrespect intended. I hold your videos in high esteem, and TWIR is my favorite jiu-jitsu series on youtube. But when I saw the reverse arm-triangle I thought, "Well, that looks like it would be really uncomfortable for my training partners, but someone would tough that out in competition," and moved on. Having re-watched the video in its entirety, I really like it.

...but I still wonder about the reverse arm-triangle. Is it a pain move, or can someone pass out from it?

Not sure how you find goon moves outta that The way I teach the kimura requires little to no strength, as with the side triangle/kimura combo as well. The standard kimura requires far more strength to accomplish the submission.

The reverse arm triangle is not a pain move at all, its a strangulation(blood choke), they will go to sleep. If it hurts them, you're not doing it right. The only reason they should feel any pain at all, is if they have horrible shoulder flexibility, and thats you're opponents problem, not yours.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I think I'm using "goon move" incorrectly, then. I thought it meant any sort of pain-compliance move that was used with the intention of getting a tap instead of as a setup to something else. I take your point about shoulder flexibility, which is probably why I thought the reverse arm-triangle wasn't a choke. By the way, what do you think of "the original twister" demonstrated below, which bears some resemblance to the reverse arm triangle:

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Create a frame and work for your under hook or bridge and roll to either sweep if he's high or force im to post. Then either frame or underhook. Generally you gotta get on your side and stack your shoulders(Zog) to escape side control. You can also try to catch his top leg for a twister if he's loose but it will force him to defend regardless, then frame and underhook. Set it up. Or else you will just gas trying to explode into his leverage from his underhook.
    Bobby Rivers is dropping science.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Just awesome...

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    O-Man, reverse arm triangle is my #1 move when I take mount from twister side control. Get a good twister side with your elbow in his arm pit, take mount, swim with your arm low so his arm is caught in you armpit, swing your arm around his head and your there. Keep your head low, if he defends and gets the arm out your right in mounted regular head and arm, finish like
    Eddie teaches. #1 reason why I use twister side control.....

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    If you like this top position, there are at least five more solid attacks in addition to Zogs video!!! Certainly more than enough to have solid attack game from here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    If you like this top position, there are at least five more solid attacks in addition to Zogs video!!! Certainly more than enough to have solid attack game from here.
    Oh theres a ton more, thats just one of many series I teach from there.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast