Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back control...

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Like if this guy were to have back control and reach through with his underhook and grab his other hand.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    When you say reverse homie control.. Im honestly not super well versed in the names.. But is that the part of rubberguard before you zombie? if so, then this doesnt use legs other than to get your hooks in.. and to crawl up their body if youre going for a submission i suppose.
    No homie control isnt rubber guard or have anything to do with the legs really. Get a picture and that would clear up a lot of confusion.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    Like if this guy were to have back control and reach through with his underhook and grab his other hand.

Yeeaaahhh.. Thats it. Is it used very often in jiujitsu? Its hard to look it up seeing as though I dont even know what to search :/

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Right off the bat he goes Butterfly->Full Guard->Homie Control->Prison Guard
    Homie Control is at the 7 second mark
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post

ahhhh So I was picturing all wrong
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    ahhhh So I was picturing all wrong
    haha.. well.. your hands are in the same position at the end.. just at a different angle, and with another arm in there :P

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    What kind of transitions/subs are you hitting with it? Since you said youve been having some success with it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    What kind of transitions/subs are you hitting with it? Since you said youve been having some success with it
    Armbar to the arm that I have the underhook on.. (the side of the body my hands are clinched on). Ive also got a kimora on the other arm (chicken wing arm).. but not the traditional kimora, the one where you cup their shoulder with your hand from underneath. And the most recent thing I was trying was an omaplata on the same arm. Kick my foot over the underhooked arm and slide it under the chickenwinged arm while i let my arm slide around the waist. I havent finished that one though. But I feel like its definitely a possibility if i stop making stupid mistakes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    *omoplata :P

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I'm not sure who's lettin you wrap them up like that, but they need to keep their elbows tighter and own that shit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast