Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back control...

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post

Thats actually kind of what I was thinking too. I like Marcellos concept of "if it wont work on bigger opponents, then might as well spend your time practicing things that do".. But then again, I havent tried on anyone really big yet. So who knows. I have noticed with the kids between 155-175, I tend to naturally drift more towards their side rather than square with their back. (Im 135) And that makes my grip/control feel a bit more secure. But who knows.. :P
    Yeah on someone big and strong it might be quite difficult. Might be easier on someone your size for sure

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I agree, if you can develop it. Props. IMO I don't see this happening to high level competitors. Which is what I focus my training toward.
    I can completely agree with that philosphy
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Update for anyone whos interested.. Ive still been messing with it, but Ive run into a couple issues. 1. When Im against bigger guys, Gable grip is pretty much impossible, So I just started using S-grip. 2.) Anyone with any sort of significant strength advantage will be able to literally just "flex" out. However, That doesnt seem to be TOO much of an issue as long as youre ready for the transition. (armbars, kimuras.. Omoplata might be difficult in that situation).. Anyway, Still messing with it, and thats been the biggest problems from so far.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Very nice
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    I would love to see a video. It is very hard for me to picture in my head.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Anyone with any sort of significant strength advantage will be able to literally just "flex" out
    Then bin it and work on your seatbelt control!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234