Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Sergio.. good job in going out there and competing. In my opinion, you gotta experience loss, in order to appreciate the wins. So losing is just a way to keep chiseling away at your own imperfections in jiu jitsu, so that you create a masterpiece sometime down the road.

I would advise getting someone to video you, because you can always learn from watching your own fights, and from having others critique it. Trying to remember what happened after the match is over, is alway very tough. But having a library of videos to reference from, allows you to see your own progression, as well as reinforces that which you need to work on.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    I will try that next time! haha

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Sergio.. good job in going out there and competing. In my opinion, you gotta experience loss, in order to appreciate the wins. So losing is just a way to keep chiseling away at your own imperfections in jiu jitsu, so that you create a masterpiece sometime down the road.

I would advise getting someone to video you, because you can always learn from watching your own fights, and from having others critique it. Trying to remember what happened after the match is over, is alway very tough. But having a library of videos to reference from, allows you to see your own progression, as well as reinforces that which you need to work on.
    Thank you for your advice, I am going to start recording next month when the next tournament. The entire experience has been very helpful as far as motivation in my jj training. I also am going to start looking at the 10p techniques in preperation for the no gi tourney coming up. Again thanks for the input

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Lozoya View Post
    I will try that next time! haha
    I was reffering to the "try biting next time it really works."

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    There is no losing in Jiu-Jitsu. You either win or you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    I was just about to say that
    No, I was!

lol

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12