Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

A couple of problem to solve

Trying to find the solution to these problems, need your help.

1) So Cora has been using the lockdown with great success on her team mates. She use it so much that one of them (the most technical) boy has been able to prevent her lockdown by doing a figure 4 of his legs so that she can't catch his leg for the lockdown. I knew it was just a matter of time before he figure a way to avoid her lockdown. I'm sure some of you here have gone through this transition. So what's next? Is there a counter to his counter?

2) Even though she still have him in her half guard, he like to do a head and arm triangle on her. She is having a hard time with this. Most of the time he just smash his shoulder on her face and when it get really uncomfortable, she taps. I told her to transition to the STOMP and to the butter fly guard to break the head and arm triangle, but its easier said then done.

I'm glad he does all those things so we have time to figure out how to prevent them before NAGA.

Thanks in advance guys... Bruce

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Proper framing before his shoulder gets to her face. Framing on his bicep. From the figure 4 preventing lockdown there is a potential for deep half, that or just keep frames until you can replace full guard.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    She needs to master getting that underhook. Lead with her head and get her ear to his chest for perfect double unders.

If he gets the underhook, a strong whizzer pimp immediatley. Then master the stomp. Invaluable. With her fex ability flying kung fu needs to be mastered as well. Immediately puts her back to her game. The arm triangle shouldnt be an issue if her whizzer stays strong.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    And adding to Scott, if he hides from the lockdown, I frame and swtch to z-guard looking for far wrist control, while framing, hunting the kimura looking to finish, sweep then finish or transition to back or spiderweb.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Bobby nailed all the great stuff! I'd add that if he's doing an arm triangle from mount or any type of halfguard, the potential for a sweep is really high because all his upper body bases are focused in a small area and easily controlled through bridging,etc.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Wow guys...thank you so much for all the advice. We drill on most of what you suggested before going to the gym today and it made all the difference. She battled with her friend again today and it was a stand still. When Cora is on her game, both kids are sparring like adults. There are about 4 sets of kids sparring all at once, but the coach end up watching Cora and her friend the most because of all the moves they put each other in and the way they get out of them. It was the 1st time I see kids playing chess with jiu jitsu. Hope to have videos of her tournaments soon, this sat. so yall can see what I'm talking about.