Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    Men's masters is like everyday women's bracket. Take what you can get. I am almost always combined. I competed today and had NO women. I had to roll men's blue in gi (first time competing in the gi) and men's advanced in no gi. WTF!! But it's just one of those things... I would rather get my ass whopped than not compete at all.
    Rachel is right. It is typically a women's absolute for blue belts and I am even in a bigger market like Chicago. Some tournaments are starting to do day of bracketing so they do not have weight classes but rather put at least three women closest in size together for a braket. That guarantees at least two matches in a round robin style. I haven't had to go with the men yet but would, especially for a same day weigh in. Otherwise I'd be with some huge guys if they had time to rehydrate!

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, that happens to all of us old farts and the ladies as well. At 46, there aren't as many opponents as you mentioned. I still compete in MMA as well so I'm not concerned with going against younger opponents. If it's a tourney I've never competed in before I will look for previous results and if they don't have a top three finishers posted in our age category that usually means there weren't a lot to sign up. Some tournaments will let you sign up for two categories for free or a little extra, which will give you the opportunity to sign up for the adult division which should give you the chance to get quite a few rolls in. The smaller tournaments will usually work with you best they can.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    And us older chicks will never see a Women's masters! Not gonna happen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12