Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I'll see about putting together something from my side control game. I have a bad back for a while, so stopping a lot of guard passing took it's toll on me and just got to the point that I decided to just have a really good bottom game. Now that my back is getting a little better, I'm trying to get my guard retention game back. Just don't fall into the trap that I did and get too comfortable down there...it works great at the lower levels, but not so much later on. =)

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    I'll see about putting together something from my side control game. I have a bad back for a while, so stopping a lot of guard passing took it's toll on me and just got to the point that I decided to just have a really good bottom game. Now that my back is getting a little better, I'm trying to get my guard retention game back. Just don't fall into the trap that I did and get too comfortable down there...it works great at the lower levels, but not so much later on. =)
    I can imagine it's not fun at higher levels. But since I'm still a white belt working on getting my cardio back, I'll take it. I'm downplaying my guard retention. But like I said, sometimes it's a strategic move to not tire myself out when I have a non stop standing passer that makes me turn in circles for 3 minutes before engaging. So I'll just let them pass to avoid tiring out. Then once they're engaged, it's easier for me to work.

Josh Mancuso does a good job breaking this down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mDGCja...fi8QS5v5CRZzS-

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by steveramz View Post
    I noticed that too! What rank did you get to in Judo?
    5th Degree Black Belt I still teach Judo as well, just no-gi Judo now.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    We use it off rubber guard (megan erber is the best at it because she has super long legs) when our opponent tries to push the knee down to pass and doesn't keep their elbow inside (close to their ribs so there is no space). The finish is cool though...never seen that one...we straight use it to sweep to mounted triangle and finish there.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    We're drilling that technique in class. Apparently it was used in World's this year and a lady got her arm broken (or shoulder dislocated, I've heard two versions of the same story) so the move is making the rounds.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Looks like a puppet master finish to me.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    5th Degree Black Belt I still teach Judo as well, just no-gi Judo now.
    Certified "Bad Ass"!

A HUGE CONGRATS on your 10th Planet Black Belt!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post
    Looks like a puppet master finish to me.
    Don't call it that
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    We're drilling that technique in class. Apparently it was used in World's this year and a lady got her arm broken (or shoulder dislocated, I've heard two versions of the same story) so the move is making the rounds.
    yeah that was pretty brutal

Skip to 11:40 for the setup

We call it 'shackle' at our place, works pretty well as a compliment to reverse spiderweb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12