Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Omissions was supposed to be omo, sorry for the crappy wording, I hate auto spell on my phone
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Landry View Post
    A few things, 1) if I have chill dog, king fu, but cant finish to go go, what's wrong with putting my butterfly hook in and finishing the carni? That's a great option and if he unhooks the butterfly then like in mts17 you swim to mono control or mounted gogo. This route is no different than going for jiuclaw and then omo. As Eddie has said, no move is 100%, if it was that's all we would do. Its about getting this to highest achievable %. That being said if I have something partially locked on ill try to adjust before bailing to something completely different (ie.I have a triangle and a guy baits the omissions, he's in trouble and wants a scramble, why not adjust instead). Remember "don't give up the one you love, for the one you like. Cuz the one you like might leave you for the one they love" Macaquinho Safado. Also Jiu Jitsu is a game of strategy, action, reaction so in both scenarios, king fu to Jiu claw to omissions, or king fu to carni and to mono if necessary we are rolling and adapting to what's given to us. Nothing wrong with going for shit when you know the possible responses.
    hmmm this is what i like hearing. swim move huh. ill have to go back and watch mts 17

Array

School
    RMNU
    Brandon hits me with a wrist lock from carni and it sucks.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    the finishers im focusing on after clearing the neck atm are the gogoplata after you zombie the defending arm (as if you going for a sorcerer), then using your elbow to keep the defending arm trapped but pushing the palm of that hand into your heel to finish the choke.

also, i was toying around with the monoplata and i think i found a way to use it on the bottom, by getting elbow control with the arm on the same side your attacking, and then squeezing your knees together to apply pressure.

@ will thats cool but i think if you have control of the wrist why not just push it towards the wall and get the carni. some people won't tap to wrist locks and arm crushes. its just pain like submissions. some people will tap (like me lol) then the tuff ones wont. thats like the invisible collar some will tap but the tough guys won't.

@ muhammad . i love gogo platas and sorcerers but the whole reason im thinking of putting a carni as a main path after chill dog is cuz higher belts defend the gogoz and and jiu claw well. however a carni is hard to escape. hmmmmmmmmmm. lots of thinking happening.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I'm surprised you can milk it all day like that. I can only use it once during a live roll session before people start doing the splits to clear the leg hook.

The people I get it the most on are guys who think they researched how to pass rubber guard but they can't feel the difference between New York and Chill Dog, so they get to excited and try to pass the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I'm surprised you can milk it all day like that. I can only use it once during a live roll session before people start doing the splits to clear the leg hook.

The people I get it the most on are guys who think they researched how to pass rubber guard but they can't feel the difference between New York and Chill Dog, so they get to excited and try to pass the leg.
    i think if your quick they won't have time to do the splits. and most people i know cant do the splits anyhow. plus i have really long legs to stretch that butterfly hook out.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm only 5'6".

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    i dont think you can make the carni a main path finisher, its situational like an armbar. people dont normally put their elbows in the middle of your stomach.. unless theyre clueless. im saying you shouldnt be hunting for butterfly hooks when your working rubber guard. if you start with one or they give it to you, then yeah go for it. its a situational thing though. if you keep trying to force your foot into someones knee, theyre gonna catch on to you after a while. what id rather do when my kung fu move path is getting old is look for new finishers or better ways to finish the moves i know now

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Abdou View Post
    i dont think you can make the carni a main path finisher, its situational like an armbar. people dont normally put their elbows in the middle of your stomach.. unless theyre clueless. im saying you shouldnt be hunting for butterfly hooks when your working rubber guard. if you start with one or they give it to you, then yeah go for it. its a situational thing though. if you keep trying to force your foot into someones knee, theyre gonna catch on to you after a while. what id rather do when my kung fu move path is getting old is look for new finishers or better ways to finish the moves i know now
    i hear you mate. my original path is to get a gogo or get a sorcerer. but these good guys are good at defending that you see. i end up with a facial plata and they dont tap. and FUCK going to jiu claw. they just roll out. i get the sweep but sometimes but im not looking for a sweep. now here recently iv been going to perpendicular jiu claw and throwing my weight back to the opposite side and ending up in a baby arm position but its not high percentage however its higher than reg jiu claw. Ive been hitting carni a lot from half guard when they play low on me. if the play high i will just do some lockdown sweeps. however i have just been wondering if i got to chill dog and double bag, release the double bag, shove a butterfly hook in, and go for the carni. how can a man pass? i have long ass legs.........hmmmmmmm reason i have been talking about this is cuz iv been hitting the carni a lot lately. maybe peeps just haven't caught on yet. i dunno we will find out i guess when i start trying it. thats about the only way you know stuff in jiu jitsu is to try it i guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast