Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent Bartley View Post
    I have seen that before , What does lifting the feet do ? i heard it helps get the blood back to the brain, but the heart hasnt stopped, and thats whats moving your blood...or so i would think anyways
    Gravity keeps most of your blood in your legs. When you pass out it's due to a lack of oxygenated blood reaching the brain. Lifting the legs causes gravity to pull blood away from the legs and into the upper body (where the head is). Helps guys wake up faster, basically. They will come back to, but raising the legs helps speed up the process it seems.

Nice stuff Chris.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Its definitely a choke, however there is pressure on the neck. Make sure your vice is tight, keeping those elbows together.
    so chris you really like to keep the vicegrip in tact, eh? i noticed in a couple of the MTS episodes it is shown without keeping the vice grip's top hand (your left in the vids you posted) on the back of the opponent's head.

is the top hand on the back of the neck added control if you can get it? i got the impression that its a great sub since you don't actually need it as long as you can really focus on getting your stomach on the back of their head. that said, i have only used it a few times.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    so chris you really like to keep the vicegrip in tact, eh? i noticed in a couple of the MTS episodes it is shown without keeping the vice grip's top hand (your left in the vids you posted) on the back of the opponent's head.

is the top hand on the back of the neck added control if you can get it? i got the impression that its a great sub since you don't actually need it as long as you can really focus on getting your stomach on the back of their head. that said, i have only used it a few times.
    I always try and keep the vice grips, its the way Eddie taught it when he was here. I've played with and without I personally find It goes on way faster and with a bit more authority than without it, the amount of pressue that the vice allows is incredible.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Vice Grip is the most important part of the choke, be it Japanese Necktie or D'Arce. Master your vice grip and they will be in the stage of defense immediately, I've tapped a few guys with just the Vice Grip, it's killer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123