Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    CORE MMA
    Side Control Escape.

Staph infection...

Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    Breaking full guard and being a small guy at the gym i am usually playing guard never in someone guard!!!lol i been woriking on it by asking peolple if i can start in their guard it sucks....but it a big weekness for almost all small guys
    I'm only 145lbs and yes, I hate being in closed guard. I'd rather have my back taken than get in someones closed guard. I sometimes let people armbar or triangle me and defend that rather than breaking guard. I feel like there's no way around using strength to break someones guard unless you bait them for a sloppy sub.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    I'm only 145lbs and yes, I hate being in closed guard. I'd rather have my back taken than get in someones closed guard. I sometimes let people armbar or triangle me and defend that rather than breaking guard. I feel like there's no way around using strength to break someones guard unless you bait them for a sloppy sub.
    Heya Justin! Hope your doing well. Get out of guard by standing up. The sweeps will bug you at first but after a while you'll always stand up and anticipate that sweep and then counter.
    Take care bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Heya Justin! Hope your doing well. Get out of guard by standing up. The sweeps will bug you at first but after a while you'll always stand up and anticipate that sweep and then counter.
    Take care bro!
    Sup Rick! Just getting ready for NAGA on the 22nd. Good technique standing up. I love how it forces them to try to sweep. This is actually the only thing I do to break guard. I'm too lazy for the knee in the middle stuff. Too much energy unless it's Gi, then you got some good handles to latch onto. See you around Dec/Jan.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Fucking cardio and muscle endurance. SMH. I'm sure I have other weaknesses, but until I can last a whole round, I won't know. So, for now, cardio.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    I have some trouble with ushiro/twister side, and a little bit in the turtle position, but my problems are mostly strategic...

I don't go for subs often enough and aggressively enough, because I am much more concerned with positioning. And while that is not an altogether bad thing, I really need to start committing more fully to submissions, especially when I compete in SAMBO. The subs are there, and I know them relatively well, but it's a mix of me not wanting to give up good position and me not wanting to hurt my opponent.

Array

School
    Lotus Club Jiu-Jitsu Miami / Former "Miami HotBox"
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    cardio
    +1

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    short stocky wrestlers with armbar and traingle defense

Array

School