Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Don't get caught up in ranking if you can't regularly make it to a moon. I've been training almost 2 years at a couple different no gi schools where I can't be ranked, so I'm a white belt by virtue. But I really don't mind that, my whole game is 10th planet based and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with my progression as a grappler. To be honest, not having a rank is a pretty cool gig, the whole mental barrier of belts kind of dissolves and you can just focus on developing your game
    Yeah, that's been kinda my thing, but for teaching purposes, an official rank would be beneficial. Of course, tournament wins are going to speak for themselves.

I would fly out somewhere for a week if somebody would house me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    If you can't make it out to a moon, you need to put in consistent time with SOMEONE somewhere, if you've been training for 8 years it shouldn't be difficult to acquire your blue belt at a local BJJ spot. If you're passionate about becoming a 10p representative in your area you will have to compete and show that your skills are worth passing on to your community. and everything Herzog said

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Don't get caught up in ranking if you can't regularly make it to a moon. I've been training almost 2 years at a couple different no gi schools where I can't be ranked, so I'm a white belt by virtue. But I really don't mind that, my whole game is 10th planet based and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with my progression as a grappler. To be honest, not having a rank is a pretty cool gig, the whole mental barrier of belts kind of dissolves and you can just focus on developing your game
    I commend you for this! This is real shit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12