Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    One problem you see a lot with chokes is guys letting up to breathe or readjust. I alternate increasing my squeeze with my breathing so that it acts like a winch (another great Herzog visual...). I use a ten-count exercise to measure my progress.

It works like this: slap an RNC on your leg or other neck-like inanimate object. Notice that when you breathe, your arms move in and out with the rise and fall of your chest. You don't want that floaty-ness because that leaves space, so think of your squeeze like a ratchet -- it only goes in one direction and that's tighter. The exercise is: Breathe in and let your chest take up space. When you breath out, increase your squeeze to about 10% and take up the space, then lock it in there. Breathe in BUT KEEP YOUR ARMS WHERE THEY ARE (that's the important part of the winch). Breathe out and increase your squeeze by another 10% while continuing to take up space. Lock it there. Breathe in -- it gets tighter. Breathe out and squeeze -- it gets tighter still. Keep going and your tenth breath should have you at or near 100%. That develops both power and endurance.

The whole trick is never letting your squeeze go backward. You're always ratcheting it up tighter and tighter with each breath. You're not going from 0-100 in one burst. You're crushing like a python -- every time breathing creates even a little room in your squeeze, you're taking up the slack and continuing to ramp up the pressure.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    ^^^great description and exercise Jason^^^^

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    One problem you see a lot with chokes is guys letting up to breathe or readjust. I alternate increasing my squeeze with my breathing so that it acts like a winch (another great Herzog visual...). I use a ten-count exercise to measure my progress.

It works like this: slap an RNC on your leg or other neck-like inanimate object. Notice that when you breathe, your arms move in and out with the rise and fall of your chest. You don't want that floaty-ness because that leaves space, so think of your squeeze like a ratchet -- it only goes in one direction and that's tighter. The exercise is: Breathe in and let your chest take up space. When you breath out, increase your squeeze to about 10% and take up the space, then lock it in there. Breathe in BUT KEEP YOUR ARMS WHERE THEY ARE (that's the important part of the winch). Breathe out and increase your squeeze by another 10% while continuing to take up space. Lock it there. Breathe in -- it gets tighter. Breathe out and squeeze -- it gets tighter still. Keep going and your tenth breath should have you at or near 100%. That develops both power and endurance.

The whole trick is never letting your squeeze go backward. You're always ratcheting it up tighter and tighter with each breath. You're not going from 0-100 in one burst. You're crushing like a python -- every time breathing creates even a little room in your squeeze, you're taking up the slack and continuing to ramp up the pressure.
    that's a good advice but I'm having trouble applying the technique

Array

School
    10th planet St.Paul/Woodbury
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqMR47b5Gw video of epstein and the freedom rock.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Cavinii View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqMR47b5Gw video of epstein and the freedom rock.
    seems more like a guillotine to me. he said it attacks the windpipe, i thought RNC was supposed to attack both carotid arteries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12