Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Which is scary that you are giving out dieting advise. There are too many wholes in what you just said to even address.
    Like what?.. just cause I'm not dieting now doesn't mean I haven't done it in the past with proper coaching etc.. or that I have no experience with it. Me dieting right now would be counter productive to my goals etc.. I have a feeling we have completely different dieting ideologies sense you say there are holes but I'm always willing to learn especially from you coach :P

Quote Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
    Dang at 6' you don't need to be losing 70lbs... . Man I ramble and get off topic... but I say you shoot for 195-200 I'm not so sure you'll be happy with 6' 175
    um... he said he lost 70 lb, and is NOW 235, not that he is at 235 and wants to lose 70 lb more.

What is the most you have ever weighed P?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis Matossian View Post
    um... he said he lost 70 lb, and is NOW 235, not that he is at 235 and wants to lose 70 lb more.

What is the most you have ever weighed P?
    He said he wants to lose 60-70lbs unless I'm missing something.. Most I've ever weighed was 175-6.. seems like I'm getting on everyones bad side today O.o.. gonna take a beating at the gym.

Yeah I was reading it wrong.. took me 6-7 times to read through it properly.. my dyslexia must have been kicking in heavy.

Matt,

First, congratulations on losing the 60-70 lbs.

As far as ideas go:

Looking at your diet, you may want to increase your protein intake if you are going to start lifting. The general rule is 1 - 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean body mass (especially when cutting), which would put you in the 190 - 280 grams per day range. One "standard" food you may want to consider to help support lifting is cottage cheese. It provides a large amount of protein, not much carb, and not much fat (depending on the % you get). It is also a Casein based protein, so it will digest slowly. A lot of lifters eat it before bed for this reason.

When you start lifting, you may want to add a Whey shake (50 g of protein) immediately after lifting to help with recovery, and then add a small tub (4 servings) of cottage cheese before bed time. This would add about 500 calories and 100 grams of protein to your diet.

There are a lot of factors involved, but adding lifting to rolling 4 times per week, and cardio, may leave you over trained. You may need to cut out some of your cardio when you start lifting. The research I have read indicates that in may cases, lifting is actually a better choice for fat burning anyway.

A site I like for very scientifically based articles on training and diet is http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/. You may find some interesting information there.

Good luck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yeah I was reading it wrong.. took me 6-7 times to read through it properly.. my dyslexia must have been kicking in heavy.
    Hence my comment, holes.............lots of them.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Hence my comment, holes.............lots of them.
    That only applied to the comment I made about being 175 at 6'... And my initial posts were guidelines to look into and do some research.. I still don't know whats wrong with them because they're tried and tested methods.. Like Carb cycling.. why are you calling me out on that? Best way to lose some fat maintain or gain a bit of strength.

Didn't know if linking other websites was allowed but sense it is.
    http://www.johnberardi.com/ very respected gentleman right here.. high up on the food chain.
    That chart I posted is from John Romaniello and is a guideline used by many, he writes tons of good stuff as well.. meant to site it but couldn't edit.
    http://elitefts.com/ Dave Tate/Jim Weidner are beast.. read and absorb
    http://www.t-nation.com/ tons of great stuff/articles(also some not so much).. combat forum is fairly active as well. A great community.. don't be stupid they'll call you out :P
    Last edited by Xsimon; 10-04-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: edit:clarity

That only applied to the comment I made about being 175 at 6'... And my initial posts were guidelines to look into and do some research.. I still don't know whats wrong with them because they're tried and tested methods.. Like Carb cycling.. why are you calling me out on that? Best way to lose some fat maintain or gain a bit of strength.

Didn't know if linking other websites was allowed but sense it is.
    http://www.johnberardi.com/ very respected gentleman right here.. high up on the food chain.
    That chart I posted is from John Romaniello guideline used many, he writes tons of good stuff as well.. meant to site it but couldn't edit.
    http://elitefts.com/ Dave Tate/Jim Weidner are beast.. read and absorb
    http://www.t-nation.com/ tons of great stuff/articles(also some not so much).. combat forum is fairly active as well. A great community.. don't be stupid they'll call you out :P
    Some decent information, but just a warning, most of those guys are on steroids (many openly), or are advising based on assumed steroid use. If you are "Juicing", then it is okay at face value, but if you are natural, a lot the advice on t-nation and elitefts will severely over train you (I haven't read JohnBerardi.com, so I can't pass judgment).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis Matossian View Post
    Some decent information, but just a warning, most of those guys are on steroids (many openly), or are advising based on assumed steroid use. If you are "Juicing", then it is okay at face value, but if you are natural, a lot the advice on t-nation and elitefts will severely over train you (I haven't read JohnBerardi.com, so I can't pass judgment).
    I won't talk on behalf on the authors of t-nation.. but you are right several of the posters openly use steroids and they even have a steroid section.. However the majority of the posters do not(I would recommend reading more of the discussions through the threads more then the articles.. the articles are just good for change of pace when you're bored imo, although some are really good.)..

I view both those sites as a good place to get some information(elitefts for great equipment as well, but pricey) to apply to your own training.. where it fits with grappling sense technique is obviously most important.

But mixing in power lifting ideologies and Olympic lifting ideologies.. with some complexes on 3-5 week cycle and a week deload fits in pretty well with any sport... with some tweaks here and there at least imo. I also like joe defranco and zach evenesh(hes small time) a lot if you know who those guys are.
    Last edited by Xsimon; 10-04-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: edit: clarity

delete
    Last edited by Xsimon; 10-04-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: edit:clarity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast